Secret Santa 2015. Update: Dec 16 .... Please Read.

Hi! I'm finally getting back to normal after being away for the holiday so I'm catching up on this thread now. I did get the final package!:

R6dF7YE.jpg?1

vLGgT6I.jpg?1

LsK6L3I.jpg?1

The wrapping on this one was similar to what I used this year. Great minds think alike!

Too Much. I haven't listened yet but already I love the packaging!

Again, you went above and beyond and I'm so grateful. Thank you so much and I hope you had a great holiday and will have an awesome New Year!

haha too funny with the matching wrapping paper! like i said i realized as i was running out the door for work that i had totally missed including that in the first package. luckily i had that wrapping paper at the office leftover from a photo shoot we did recently. whew!

every year, i try to include something from mind over matter records in my secret santa gift. in addition to the fact that two of my very favorite people run the label, their releases are always killer and the packaging that austin does is always insanely amazing. i love them so much and love to share that love with others :) that cadaver dogs record is so fucking good. it was one of my favorite releases of 2014. hands down. it's a bit different from the rest of stuff i picked out for you. but i had a feeling you'd dig it. hopefully i'm right! haha you'll have to let me know when you get a chance to listen to it :D

(/fangirling)

i had SO much fun picking out everything for you. glad you enjoyed it all!

have an awesome new year! 

Thank You secret santa!! I love everything you sent! You really outdid yourself!!

12"s

You Blew It! - Grow Up, Dude (Pink, /519)

I love this band/album so much! so happy to have this on pink!

Forever Came Calling - Contender (Orange)

I don't think  have actually heard this album before, but i have seen them live a enjoyed them, so i'm looking forward to giving them a proper listen.

No Such Noise! - Life Goes On (Black, 45/300)

I have never heard of this band before. My fiance was looking them up  while i was opening the package and told me to put them on right away. I put them on and fell in love! They are a perfect mix of Ska/Pop Punk. I have been constantly spinning this album since opening the package. Thank you so much for introducing me to this band!

7"s

Tiny Moving Parts - Old Maid/Coffee With Tom (Etched B Side)

This band rocks live, but i've never listened to any of their recordings. This 7" rocks!

New Found Glory ‎– Tip Of The Iceberg (Black, /2,500)

Love New Found Glory, love this 7'. 

No Tide  - Daydream (Pink, .100)

I really know nothing about this band and haven't had a chance to spin it yet, but judging by how well you got my tastes in the albums above im sure im going to enjoy it a lot!

​SS also sent me a nice handwritten letter!

Thank you for all the new music you have sent me! You have given me some great new bands to check out and I couldn't be more excited! I believe my secret santa is kevin!

My deepest apologies to my SS. I've had a lot going on.

I received the other variant of the Michael Buble Christmas album. One of my favorites! Also I got the Buble death metal parody shirt! It fit perfectly.

710894CC-26B5-4B87-A1F7-5931E2144EED_zps

I also got a set of mine craft pixelated posters. They are currently being framed so I have attached a stock picture.

30ADB467-15E6-4ADE-BF9E-F20C7601E07B_zps

Lastly my SS attached a code to each of my gifts. When I put them together it equaled a PSN code which was a group of games on PlayStation called the Telltale Collection. I had played some of the games but the other two are awesome!

I still can't figure out who my SS is, but thank you so much!!

We'll let everyone know once the people who haven't sent (send out and everyone receives their gifts)... i personally have 2 people still waiting on gifts.. not because their gifts weren't sent, just because their ss's kept sending shit out up until xmas and a bit after, so each had like 3 or 4 packages and wanted to wait till everything arrived before posting a photo.

For those not posting a photo and have their shit and haven't contacted us regarding it.. please post a photo. it's not really that hard to post a photo or find the time to do so. 

Thank You secret santa!! I love everything you sent! You really outdid yourself!!

12"s

You Blew It! - Grow Up, Dude (Pink, /519)

I love this band/album so much! so happy to have this on pink!

Forever Came Calling - Contender (Orange)

I don't think have actually heard this album before, but i have seen them live a enjoyed them, so i'm looking forward to giving them a proper listen.

No Such Noise! - Life Goes On (Black, 45/300)

I have never heard of this band before. My fiance was looking them up while i was opening the package and told me to put them on right away. I put them on and fell in love! They are a perfect mix of Ska/Pop Punk. I have been constantly spinning this album since opening the package. Thank you so much for introducing me to this band!

7"s

Tiny Moving Parts - Old Maid/Coffee With Tom (Etched B Side)

This band rocks live, but i've never listened to any of their recordings. This 7" rocks!

New Found Glory ‎– Tip Of The Iceberg (Black, /2,500)

Love New Found Glory, love this 7'.

No Tide - Daydream (Pink, .100)

I really know nothing about this band and haven't had a chance to spin it yet, but judging by how well you got my tastes in the albums above im sure im going to enjoy it a lot!

​SS also sent me a nice handwritten letter!

Thank you for all the new music you have sent me! You have given me some great new bands to check out and I couldn't be more excited! I believe my secret santa is kevin!

I'm stoked you liked all the stuff! I know you didn't guess me but it's after the new year so the fun's over. :P I got the You Blew It! record from your want list because your music taste seemed quite diverse and I didn't really know which way to go. I'm also really bad at throwing in cool stuff like stickers and all because I'm not very creative and I lost my box of stickers. Haha. But I hope you like Grow Up Dude enough to make up for it! I'm super stoked that you and your lady liked the No Such Noise record. It's been sitting in my pile of stuff to sell because I never listened to it. But they ended up playing in my city a couple months back which was really cool. I thought it would be a good shot in the dark. The NFG 7" was something I've had for like five years and decided it was time to give it to someone who might like it more and they're a pretty widely loved band so I figured I'd send it your way. The Tiny Moving Parts 7" was something I thought you'd like and figured I'd give it a shot. They're a great band I always love getting more people into them! Glad you saw them live. I haven't gotten to yet. I'll be honest, the other 7" was just something I threw in because I felt bad for not having all the cool swag people usually send. I'm not sure if you're dig them or not but I hope you do! Glad you liked the package and hope you had a good set of holidays!

my list of naughty non-pic-posters is: ScottHeisel, elcowboyrojo, Brusker Du

come on, people! your santas put a lot love and thought into putting together awesome gifts for you. and for a lot of us, seeing our recipient's reaction to everything we picked out is such a huge part of what this is all about, so the very least you can do is post a few photos and say a proper thank you. 

I opened my box on Christmas, and this is what was inside.

914B2FEE-FFCD-4AC0-A1DB-5FB736F07F64_zps

I really wanted that Mutiod Man. It's one of my favorites this year. It has been years since I heard Mineral, and it takes me back. My wife is going to steal the inflatable wreath for her classroom, and my daughter and I have watched a few episodes of Captain Planet. The Broncos sweat shirt is awesome. I am going to wear it tomorrow to the game.

The only clue was that this person has been my secret Santa before. I have to guess Mean 3arls. Thanks man!

glad you liked it dude!

and i'll post a pic of my current haul tomorrow, just getting back into the swing of things from the holidays

So so so sorry I haven't posted a photo yet! I loved my SS gifts. Here's a picture, but it's missing like half of the stuff I got, haha.

fObSz2b.jpg

First off, the box I got was covered in classic WWF wrestler pictures both inside and out (including the Blue Blazer on the very bottom of the box, which was a nice touch). Then, on the wrestling tip, I received a VHS copy of Beyond The Mat as well as a new Mick Foley T-shirt (which is not in this picture because it's currently in the laundry, ha!). Everyone knows I love wrestling and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mick Foley, so these were both super-rad gifts!

There also was a great "Grinch" gift of coconut-flavored coffee, too — I hate both coconuts and coffee, so that one made me laugh quite a bit and showed that my SS did his/her homework! (Luckily, my mother-in-law loves flavored coffee so it found a good home.)

On the music tip, I got some cool 7-inches from bands I am not familiar with (At Our Heels and Love, Hope And Fear) which I'm stoked to throw on the turntable, and a whopping three mix CDs loaded with all sorts of tunes including plenty of rarities by bands I like, as well as a huge tracklisting breakdown with all sorts of fun facts and anecdotes.

I also received an Amazon gift card, which is also not pictured because it's already been used to buy water filters for my refrigerator. So every time I pour myself an ice-cold glass of water from my fridge's door, I will raise it to you, Secret Santa.

From all the clues given, I'm like 99.999999% sure my SS is curator. Thank you so much for being the best Secret Santa I've ever had in all the years we've done this! Your thoughtfulness and kindness was incredibly appreciated, and I apologize for having not acknowledged you sooner.

So so so sorry I haven't posted a photo yet! I loved my SS gifts. Here's a picture, but it's missing like half of the stuff I got, haha.

fObSz2b.jpg

First off, the box I got was covered in classic WWF wrestler pictures both inside and out (including the Blue Blazer on the very bottom of the box, which was a nice touch). Then, on the wrestling tip, I received a VHS copy of Beyond The Mat as well as a new Mick Foley T-shirt (which is not in this picture because it's currently in the laundry, ha!). Everyone knows I love wrestling and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mick Foley, so these were both super-rad gifts!

There also was a great "Grinch" gift of coconut-flavored coffee, too — I hate both coconuts and coffee, so that one made me laugh quite a bit and showed that my SS did his/her homework! (Luckily, my mother-in-law loves flavored coffee so it found a good home.)

On the music tip, I got some cool 7-inches from bands I am not familiar with (At Our Heels and Love, Hope And Fear) which I'm stoked to throw on the turntable, and a whopping three mix CDs loaded with all sorts of tunes including plenty of rarities by bands I like, as well as a huge tracklisting breakdown with all sorts of fun facts and anecdotes.

I also received an Amazon gift card, which is also not pictured because it's already been used to buy water filters for my refrigerator. So every time I pour myself an ice-cold glass of water from my fridge's door, I will raise it to you, Secret Santa.

From all the clues given, I'm like 99.999999% sure my SS is curator. Thank you so much for being the best Secret Santa I've ever had in all the years we've done this! Your thoughtfulness and kindness was incredibly appreciated, and I apologize for having not acknowledged you sooner.

Wooo! I'm glad you liked everything!

I used to watch wrestling back in the day so what's more fun than taping a picture of Shawn Michaels wearing nothing but a championship belt onto a package?! haha

I HAD to send an Amazon gift card since you (and bake) always post the goods.

Send me some feedback about those mixes someday!

UKVlQMJ.jpg

Got a johnny cash record I had been holding out on buying, Bamaopoly and a sweet fleece blanket, which will always come in handy in Alaska. Will Smith is my SS, thank you sir.

Yes! I'm glad you like it man! It was hard as hell finding a Cash record you didn't have lol.

Please beat Clemson on Monday. Roll damn Tide from this Gamecock fan

So I've gotten three "random" records in the mail the last few days with a note that there are many more to come. The note mentions that there is a theme to all of them. I'll list them below and update it is as more come in. I'll post a picture once they're all here.

They all contain a song used at some point in LOST, so I have a feeling that they rest will follow that pattern as well. I was stumped at first, but then I noticed that the Mama Cass record has "Make Your Own Kind of Music" on it, which was used prominently in the opening of the season 2 premiere. From there I did some research and the other two check out as well.

Also, one of the packages gave up that Grant (gmoney) is my SS. So thanks Grant! This is super thoughtful and awesome!

Iggy and the Stooges - Search and Destroy 7"

Mama Cass - Greatest Hits

Pousette Dart Band - 3

Here's a pic of the Lost soundtrack collection

142g02h.jpg

Here's my side:

Secret Santa   - recipient                       

deadreckoning - Sterling Malory Archer
Sterling Malory Archer - jacobraccuia
jacobraccuia - daegor
daegor - Roadmonkey
Road monkey - Family friendly rap god
Family friendly rap god - Diabretic
Diabretic - Brock N Roll
Brock N Roll - AJHall04
AJHall04 - themeconspiracy
themeconspiracy - danionly
danionly - Daftyler
Daftyler - Smailtronic
Smailtronic - Kevin !
Kevin ! - Smikex13
Smikex13 - A.K. Aych
A.K. Aych - ronniegwilliams
ronniegwilliams - ianrees
ianrees - youinreverse
youinreverse - record Junkie
record_junkie - gmoney
gmoney - Mean 3arls
Mean 3arls - seangj
seangj - Gentlemanjerseydave
Gentlemanjerseydave - ₱ṜịṈȻɆ
₱ṜịṈȻɆ (PRINCE) - Violentsharks87
Violentsharks87 - thejesseb
thejesseb - J.Cantah (FLAKED)
Seangj, jerseydave, ajhall04,tellallyourfriends - deadreckoning

Donations: (so far we have some money to divide out among you all that sent a separate gift so you aren't out of pocket too much. 

Monetary donations so far: 

Prince

Daegor

Controlthebleeding

Thanks for those who stepped up and made someone's xmas awesome when their person flaked.

We're taking donations for those who pitched in so no one is too out of pocket so give what you can. PM me for my paypal if you'd like to help.

sorry my pictures are a little late, i wanted to wait 'til i was moved back into my dorm before opening my SS package...

which was seriously fucking cool and thoughtful.

6EkK2yP.jpg?1

so here's the architects border wars vol. 1 & 2 (vol. 1 is autographed, which is sweet). i love comics, especially comics connected to good music and frank iero so this is awesome. similarly awesome: that reggie vinyl. i may have actually achieved some air time when i pulled it out of the box i was so excited. i've been dying to get the tricolor variant for ages! and now i have it! 

g3Wf7wU.jpg?1

next are the two am! 12"s, which, augh. yes. they will definitely be getting some use from me. i am pretty obsessed with them. :^( i haven't had a chance to spin the aeges record yet, so i went and listened to one of their songs on youtube, and now i have one more reason to upgrade to a decent functioning turntable. as for the cool substream mags, they're probably the biggest hint (besides the playlist) as to who my secret santa was. i had a pretty good idea before i listened to it, which turned out to be correct! thank you ScottHeisel for such great gifts!!! p.s. really digging the rosenstock and sidekicks on the playlist.

also thanks to themeconspiracy for being patient and a great mod while i tried to get my shit together in november.

sorry my pictures are a little late, i wanted to wait 'til i was moved back into my dorm before opening my SS package...

which was seriously fucking cool and thoughtful.

6EkK2yP.jpg?1

so here's the architects border wars vol. 1 & 2 (vol. 1 is autographed, which is sweet). i love comics, especially comics connected to good music and frank iero so this is awesome. similarly awesome: that reggie vinyl. i may have actually achieved some air time when i pulled it out of the box i was so excited. i've been dying to get the tricolor variant for ages! and now i have it! 

g3Wf7wU.jpg?1

next are the two am! 12"s, which, augh. yes. they will definitely be getting some use from me. i am pretty obsessed with them. :^( i haven't had a chance to spin the aeges record yet, so i went and listened to one of their songs on youtube, and now i have one more reason to upgrade to a decent functioning turntable. as for the cool substream mags, they're probably the biggest hint (besides the playlist) as to who my secret santa was. i had a pretty good idea before i listened to it, which turned out to be correct! thank you ScottHeisel for such great gifts!!! p.s. really digging the rosenstock and sidekicks on the playlist.

also thanks to themeconspiracy for being patient and a great mod while i tried to get my shit together in november.

Awesome, so glad you dug everything! It was a pleasure getting to send you cool stuff. :)

I completely forgot to post my second video until Lauren texted me earlier--here's the rest of my stuff!

I know I said it in the video, but forgive me for being tired in the second half.

Hopefully not to late to say thanks, so...thank you so much to all the people who were part of this, it means so much to me. Best Christmas ever.