Secret Santa 2015. Update: Dec 16 .... Please Read.

also people, don't expect much of anything till around dec 5. usually most arrive around that time due to people being late sending as per usual. so if we can hold off on the "my package didn't arrive yet" ever 5 minutes. also, do you guys think we can hold off on photos till after thanksgiving.. please..

First off… wow!  Thank you so much Secret Santa for the amazing gifts!  Etiquette says I should have waited until the end of December, but it’s all good right?!  Before I give it a guess, here is what I received…

12219375_10153087914026401_2168802186906

Pee-Wee Herman shirt!

Starmarket - Four Hours Light CD

V/A - SubUrbia (1996) Soundtrack CD

Little Sister - Things That Are Forever CD (SS’s defunct band)

Ordet - You Are Now Leaving The Boardwalk Of Fame & Happiness (SS’s solo CD, the disc has the band name as Less Than Everyone, but I think he changed it to Ordet since then…)

Pity Sex - Feast Of Love LP (half bone/half maroon w/ bone splatta!)

Tracy Chapman - S/T LP

Pat Smear - Pat Ruthensmear LP

Last, but not least…

3 mix CD’s which are all excellent!  I seriously only heard a few songs previous that are spread across these discs, so these mixes introduced me to a lot of great music.  I’m still on disc 1 since I can’t stop listening to it.

I decided to make a unboxing video and post it on youtube which I’ve never done before, but it came out alright…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb5ngP2KJTs

I was worried at first since my SS didn’t leave me any clues in his letter!!  Luckily, he sent his previous band and current solo CD so after some research, I am 99.9% sure my SS is…

shadowkid33?!

Thanks again for everything and expect a lengthy pm this week with some feedback on those mix CD’s (and your music as well)!!  Can't wait to see what everyone else received throughout this month and December.  :)

I absolutely adore SubUrbi@.  So heavy.  And you can pick up that it is based on a drama production by how everything plays out.

also people, don't expect much of anything till around dec 5. usually most arrive around that time due to people being late sending as per usual. so if we can hold off on the "my package didn't arrive yet" ever 5 minutes. also, do you guys think we can hold off on photos till after thanksgiving.. please..

It's after thanksgiving in Canada;)

So my girlfriend and I took a video of me opening my gifts 2 nights ago at her house:

My secret santa accidentally put his name in the return address. So knowing what state they are from and their taste in music I'm thinking it is perhaps...

Rezqua???

Anyway whoever it is thanks so much! I'm excited to dive into a new band and all day today I've been obsessed with that Closure in Moscow song!

Okay, since I've already opened mine, I figured I'd go ahead and post a photo of it!

tumblr_nxxp2eTZHJ1u06bh7o1_1280.jpg

Here's what all I got:

Beach House - Depression Cherry (Loser Edition, clear vinyl in velvet sleeve)

Funko POP TV Leela figurine

a really rad 50th anniversary Looney Tunes cup from 1990

some awesome stickers!

a note with some info about the selection and some clues as to their identity.

I absolutely love everything that I got, and honestly, the amount of thought that went into each part of the box made each thing better to me. Kudos on the Leela figure, I very recently started collecting vinyl figures to display on my bookshelf AND she's actually my fav Futurama character, so that's a win-win. And yes, I did mean that I collect drinking glasses and mugs from the 80s and 90s, so you were spot-on, haha. Also! I'd been meaning to pick that Beach House album up, so that was a very pleasant surprise!

Also, based on the clues in the note, (from Michigan, same age, hangs out in a lot of the pop punk/ska threads, etc.), I'm almost positive that the person responsible for this lovely package was SmikeX13!

Did I win?

I got mine yesterday and am still reeling from all the stuff... definitely an awesome haul:

A4fo6R3.jpg?1

Awesome Mystery Box from Canada.

ZnOk6bQ.jpg?1

Oddly enough this is now the 2nd copy of that Argyle Park CD that I now own. Such a great piece of Industrial history there. Made by JG Thirwell (yes the same dude who did the Venture Bros soundtrack)

oQVjQOz.jpg?1

Either the most fun night or a very emotional night.. WHO WILL DECIDE! Also I had never heard of this Crainum game, so I'm super stoked to try it.

kwQsAed.jpg?1

Was super stoked to see that Skinny Puppy record. One of my favorite bands ever! Thanks

It was clear my Santa was from Canada, but that's about the only clue I got. I will work on figuring out who you are Santa, I will find you, and I will virtually high five you.

I got mine yesterday and am still reeling from all the stuff... definitely an awesome haul:

A4fo6R3.jpg?1

Awesome Mystery Box from Canada.

ZnOk6bQ.jpg?1

Oddly enough this is now the 2nd copy of that Argyle Park CD that I now own. Such a great piece of Industrial history there. Made by JG Thirwell (yes the same dude who did the Venture Bros soundtrack)

oQVjQOz.jpg?1

Either the most fun night or a very emotional night.. WHO WILL DECIDE! Also I had never heard of this Crainum game, so I'm super stoked to try it.

kwQsAed.jpg?1

Was super stoked to see that Skinny Puppy record. One of my favorite bands ever! Thanks

It was clear my Santa was from Canada, but that's about the only clue I got. I will work on figuring out who you are Santa, I will find you, and I will virtually high five you.

that is such an awesome gift! major points for including that starflyer 59 cd and a snoopy record.