Secret Santa 2015. Update: Dec 16 .... Please Read.

Signed up from AP World History :P

we don't have your on the list. sorry. all closed. 

he's on my list...changed his username since sign up. 

and on that note! here's a a friendly reminder: please refrain from changing your username until after secret santa is done. it just makes shit super complicated and hard to keep track of people. see above confusion for reference. 

thanks! :D

Alright! I'll kick this thread off since we've gotten our recipients! 

My name is Bret, I'm 27, I have type 1 diabetes thus the user name. I'm from the great state if Alabama but I live in Fairbanks, AK with my 2 cats. I'm a huge Alabama football fan, I love all things Disney. I read a ton of comics. I put hot sauce on just about everything. You can learn a lot about what I'm into via my Instagram which is under this same username. I love action figures and other little figurines to display in front of my records and in my listening room. Here's my amazon wishlist, again just to give you an idea. My wife's family is big into the wishlist and I use it all the time.

MOVIES-Star Wars, Disney, Tarantino, Coen Brothers, Marvel.

MUSIC-Lately I've really been into Shoegaze and music like Whirr, Nothing, Pinkshinyultrablast. My favorite bands right now are Defeater, Touche Amore, Cayetana, Code Orange, Pity Sex, Turnover. I'm sure there's some more but those stick out. 

I edited in a few things, but that covers the basics!  Can't wait to start shopping!

I'm so confused. I signed up and maybe it didn't go through? :(((((((( I'm really disappointed.

nooo you're all signed up. you're on my list! :)

unfortunately, there are a couple people whose mailboxes are full and we can't get in touch with  :angry:  most people have been contacted, but there's a small number that we're holding off on sending their recipients' info until we can confirm with whether the people that are MIA are still participating. 

clean out your messages. people! if we can't reach you, that's a problem. 

to the people who haven't gotten their info yet, hang tight. we're trying to work out the problem and will let you know as soon as we do. 

Lets do this!

My name is Cameron. I live in Michigan. I have an unhealthy obsession with the Red Wings. I also love wrestling way too much, my favs are CM Punk, Matt Cross, and Daniel Bryan. My two favorite bands are The Wonder Years and Every Time I Die. I also collect Funko Pop Vinyl. 

Also really love Star Wars and didnt get any of the new toys (wink,wink)

In terms of music I like most, my deadformat is a good representation of my interests and I also love getting new music to listen to

Also a fan of Philadelphia Union and Tottenham Hotspur. Really just like most sports in general. That is all i can really think of right now. Im sure I'll add some more stuff as time goes on.

I'm Adam. I live in Athens, GA. Shockingly enough, not that big of a Bulldogs fan despite being an alum.

Currently, I work as a scooper-slash-event planner at Ben & Jerry's (unfortunately, there's no convenient way to mail ice cream, or else I'd totally do it). When I'm not job hunting for an actual career job or scraping by on an hourly wage, I enjoy photography, graphic design, architecture and interior design, drumming, thrifting, playing Animal Crossing, night driving, taking the train/walking around Atlanta, and eating delicious food from other countries, especially sushi and curry. I'm also obsessed with Haribo Twin Cherries gummy candy, have a disturbing number of floral print button-down shirts, and collect mugs from the 80s and 90s.

Oh, and I have a 20-something-white-girl-with-a-Pinterest-level obsession with New York City, and plan to move there someday, so take that for what it's worth.

Movie-wise, I'm mostly into comedies, animated stuff, and anything generally light-hearted. Or anything that'll scare the shit out of me. Not crazy about action or superhero movies, but I'll watch them if it's free. TV series I like include The Office, Parks and Rec, Always Sunny, Portlandia, Futurama, American Dad (not Family Guy), BoJack Horseman, House Hunters, Iron Chef, Chopped, and a few anime series.

My taste in music is wildly diverse, but I'm primarily interested in electronic music, chillwave, garage/surf punk, and post-hardcore. Some of my favorite musicians/bands at the moment are Dance Gavin Dance, Touché Amoré, Machinedrum, Kishi Bashi, Toro y Moi, Beyoncé, Washed Out, Tame Impala, Neon Indian, How To Dress Well, and basically any artist on this cool techno label called Ultramajic.

If you need more info, my tradelist/Tumblr/Instagram is in my signature. I'm also gonna try to get a wantlist started on my DF just in case you're not sure what to get or need a bit of help.

Super psyched to start the stuff-purchasing process!

My name is Juan...or "That Asshole Admin" depending on who you ask. I'm now old enough to know better. Live in South FloriDUH! (NOT Miami!) for what feels like forever.

I have a one-year old Chiweenie named JJ who is not only my lil' goober but a joy to have around. If you peep my IG, you'll see plenty of pics of her being a goofball.

I'm a sucker for all things Deathwish Inc., Hydra Head, and Initial Records (RIP). Three of my favorite labels. I am currently trying to complete an Initial Records discography of everything they put out.

Big fan of hardcore and metal, especially the 90's midwest stuff from Louisville, KY. Also really into 90's indie/shoegaze/Brit-pop stuff. Lately I've been into a lot of of the newer bands in the newgaze and dreampop scene.

Favorite bands: NINE INCH NAILS, Converge, Shai Hulud, Minus the Bear, Endpoint, Melvins, 27, ISIS (and anything Aaron Turner-related), Mamiffer. Just to name a few.

I've been told I have an unhealthy obsession with Taylor Swift and Christina Aguilera.

I love art and concert prints (yes, even to shows I didn't attend)...some favorite artists are Aaron Horkey, J. Bannon, Florian Bertmer, Tyler Stout, Tom Whalen, and Frank Kozik. But this may not be a good idea since I have way too many already in tubes and can't afford to get them all framed. Plus minimal wall space at home. Oops.

Books: I tend to be all over the place but I rather like music and band-related biographies and the like.

Star Wars, The ALIEN movies, Anime, and horror movies are a constant. Hellraiser in my all-time favorite horror movie. A few favorite TV shows: LOST, Firefly, The Green Hornet (yes, the 60's show), Dexter, Walking Dead, Fringe. I am also all about anything and everything that Studio Ghibli has done.

Looooooove beer of all types and styles. Really dig checking out new brews from different places. I frequent some of the local breweries. I usually gravitate towards stouts, IPAs, and porters but never discriminate. Heh.

My trade list is probably the best way to get an idea of my favorite bands. If anything, there are a few VCers who know me well, can always ask them for ideas.

Updating my post from last year.

I'm Marc - 28 (29 in November). Former upstate New Yorker now living in Florida and entering my 8th year of working in radio.

I keep my tradelist up to date on a consistent basis.

https://deadformat.n...elist/marc32137

Favorite Bands- Weezer, Descendents, Blink, Frank Turner, IIOI.

Favorite movies - This Is Spinal Tap, Back To The Future, Clerks, Star Wars.

TV - The Simpsons, The Office, Rick and Morty, The Walking Dead, Mad Men.

I also enjoy playing guitar, going to shows and cons, video games (PS4), and LEGO. I also have a small collection of Funko POPs including Batman, Stan Lee, Ash Williams, Deadpool, and a bunch more.

I'm so stoked to do this again. It's been nothing but fun. Also, another huge thank you to everyone who has made this possible in the past, as well as those taking the time out of your personal schedules to make it happen this year. It's huge and we should all be grateful.

nooo you're all signed up. you're on my list! :)

unfortunately, there are a couple people whose mailboxes are full and we can't get in touch with :angry: most people have been contacted, but there's a small number that we're holding off on sending their recipients' info until we can confirm with whether the people that are MIA are still participating.

clean out your messages. people! if we can't reach you, that's a problem.

to the people who haven't gotten their info yet, hang tight. we're trying to work out the problem and will let you know as soon as we do.

Whew! Ok! I didn't see my name on the list above so I was super confused. Thanks so much.

My name is Lauryn. I live in San Antonio, TX so I am a big Spurs fan. I also love the KC Royals. You can get a pretty good idea of what I like on my instagram and my want list is posted on discogs (both linked in my signature). You can also pull up my amazon wish list just by searching my name, and I am on Facebook so there's a lot of options. Hopefully that makes it easy.  :D

Most people on the boards don't know, but I love owls. I have a rather large collection spread out all over my house. I also love cats. I have four kitty babies whom I adore even though they can be little shits sometimes. Also, since I discovered bath bombs and LUSH bath products, I've been obsessed! I really enjoy small business/handmade goodies too. 

I collect prints as well as records. Some of my favorite artists are Esao Andrews, Daniel Danger, Ken Taylor, Drew Millward, Dan May and Kevin Tong. 

I love soundtracks, as you can see from my wantlist, and I watch a lot of TV and movies. I prefer horror and comedy movies, and if you combine those two genres it takes precedence over anything else. 

Let's see...... I also really enjoy craft beer. Local beer and alcohol that I can't get in Texas is always a plus. I'll drink just about anything except stouts and porters (slowly getting into them, but it's just too hot in Texas to enjoy drinking them on a regular basis). Love IPA, Wheat beer, Gose, Weiss, Pilsner, Lambic, Witbier, etc. and no spirits are off limits. I enjoy them all. lol

Hi! I'm Mike! I live in the Detroit area of Michigan. I play drums and love Wrestling. I work in radio. Besides records, I collect all things Kiss. I love beer and like to try different beer from all around the world. I enjoy IPA's, Stouts, and Dark style beer. My favorite music is Ska/Punk/Rock some of my favorite bands are Kiss/The Wonder Years/Big D and The Kids Table my trade list and discogs is a good way to see my other favorite artists. You can also check any social media everything is under Smikex13. I'm really excited to finally be able to participate in a Secret Santa.

Hi! My name is Shane! I'm a big football fan and love the Carolina Panthers. I go to Old Dominion University and will be graduating in December. My favorite movie is The Dark Knight and My favorite superhero is Batman. I love everything about Batman. I'm also a huge Star Wars fan. I collect Star Wars Funko Pop vinyl and have a decent collection (see my signature for the link to my collection green=have white=need). I've also started collecting Harry Potter POP vinyl and currently have a complete collection. My favorite band is Fall Out Boy. I go to every concert in the area that I can when they come. I am currently trying to variant collect for them (right now focusing on full length LPs) (they can also be seen in my signature). I am also seeking to get every cd booklet signed by them for an idea I have for my Fall Out Boy wall (currently only have Save Rock and Roll). I am also variant collecting for All Time Low. As of now Dirty Work is giving me the most difficulty.
I'm trying to keep my want list up to date. But it's pretty small right now. My have list is up to date so I am okay with you filling in a blank you see. Or just have fun with this. :)
I think that about sums up my life.

EDIT (Since I can't add anymore URLs to my signature)
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook

Oh and I love Jennifer Lawrence

Like seriously.... I love her. Can you pack her in a box for me?

I'm Manish, 35, and living in Oakland (The nicer part LOL). I work at telltale games, and I DJ and volunteer at KALX Berkeley.

My musical tastes range. Though, I tend to stay on the heavier side of things I do have a soft spot for good acoustic singer/songwriter types. Fave artists include NIN, Pink Floyd, Bad Religion, Darkest Hour, boysetsfire, Doomriders, Converge, Kvelertak, Mastodon, Ramones, Public Enemy, Run DMC, Johnny Cash.

Visually, I'm a bit of a sci-fi and cartoon fan. Been spending a lot of time watching Transformers, Firefly, Simpsons, Futurama, Batman. 

I'm a sucker for lego, board/card games, puzzles, and sometimes action figures. 

As far as things I'd be interested in. Maybe a copy of your favorite book of the year. I haven't had a chance to read much and am interested in seeing what got released that was moving, fun, thought provoking, etc. Also a mix of your fav songs of the year or an album of your favorite local artist or if you are in a band, your band's latest release. (Hell I am a radio DJ, If you're lucky, I may play it on the air) Other than that really whatever you want to throw in there will be appreciated. 

Favorite color.. Dark purple.

Hello everyone, my name is Tyler, I just recently moved to London, Ontario to go back to school. Im 26. For my music taste you can look in the sig, but my favourite bands/groups off the top of my head would be; M83, daft punk, brand new, danger(electro artist, don't even try looking ). Electronic music would have to be my genre of choice I am also a drummer.

I'm a 10 year vegetarian. But wouldn't call myself a healthy eater haha. My wonderful girlfriend is the cook.

I'm a big fan of TRON, and the video game Portal. As well as anything to do with them. As well as a Minnesota Vikings and a Manchester United fan. (only sports I really watch)

As for TV shows, Im a LOST junkie, as well as current favs being; Rick and Morty, Mr. Robot and Hannibal.

I'm not a big drinker, but I do enjoy trying new beers. But pretty apathetic to that.

As I said I am going back to school, so my life is about to become study study study.

Here is my instagram as it may help; http://instagram.com/daftyler

Hi. I'm Grant and I made my 7,000th post today. I don't know what that says about me.

I have the most impressive Rocky Votolato collection in the world (don't even question it). Lately, I've been really into Beach Slang, Microwave, The Money Pit, Pianos Become the Teeth, Sufjan Stevens,  and Sweet Jesus. I think I have pretty eclectic taste from all over the place.

After this latest Flash season on TV, I love the Flash. Like really love it. Can't get enough. My wife thinks I'm crazy. 

I'm an architect (almost) and run 3-5 times a week. Me, my wife, and our basset hound live in Atlanta and love it. I really enjoy cool crafty beers.