Demi Lovato - Cool For the Summer 7" Picture Disc

Prefacing my statement with the fact I don't listen to her unless she pops on the radio but your comments struck me funny and here's why...

Heard an interview with her about this song in particular (the station morning show was premiering it) and she was proud because she thought it veered away from everything she'd done before because she didn't have any influence outside of her own.  I was curious to hear what "her sound" was like.  I know she's got a rep for being a "bad girl" and thought maybe this was something she sunk her teeth into.  

After they played it I was disappointed that it sort of flirted with crossing lines but didn't at all.  Ended up being more saccharin than her previous work, IMO.  

GF showed me the song the other day and I've listened to it at least 15 times in the last couple days. Considering dropping the $15 on it. Figure I'll hate myself for it though since I don't listen to the 7"s I already own. Conundrum. 

Instead of listening to 7"s individually when I feel like it, I just make it a point once in a while (maybe once a week) to sit right next to my turntable and play a bunch of them in a row. That's how I make use of them.

Instead of listening to 7"s individuallywhen I feel like it, I just make it a point once in a while (maybe once a week) to sit right next to my turntable and play a bunch of them in a row. That's how I make use of them.

Not a bad idea. It also sucks that I sold most of my good ones months ago.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...