[PO] - Tim Hecker - Norberg/Apondalofa LP

v300_RM467_TIM_HECKER_NORBERG_APONDALIFA

++This item is a pre-order and will ship on or before November 6. Any pre-orders include immediate digital downloads of both editions++

This year Room40 celebrates 15 years of editions and events. As part of the celebrations we are re-issuing a number of editions in various formats that are out of print.

One of these editions brings together two of the pieces we’ve had the pleasure to publish by Tim Hecker. These two works were both created in conjunction with visits by Tim to Australia and were released in limited quantities.

The 7” edition of Apondalifa basically vanished upon release. It was also originally split across a 7”. On this new edition, cut by the wondrous LUPO at Calyx, the piece is available on vinyl for the first time in its extended format.

Tim remains a dear friend to us, and an inspiration! We’re glad to be revisited these astounding pieces and making them both available in this format for the first time!

http://emporium.room40.org/products/557152-tim-hecker-norberg-apondalifa-lp

Australian import.  The color variant came out to be about $26PPD for me.

I've never heard of this, but will undoubtedly end up purchasing because Tim Hecker.

Is it a previously released 7" pressed onto a 12"?  That's what I'm gathering.  Really eager to hear it.

To my understanding, it's an OOP CD on one side and an OOP 7" on the other.  I hadn't heard of it either (until I downloaded the mp3s for it last night), so I thought it was new material!  I wouldn't mind if this kicked off a trend of his harder to get material getting reissued at some point.

To my understanding, it's an OOP CD on one side and an OOP 7" on the other.  I hadn't heard of it either (until I downloaded the mp3s for it last night), so I thought it was new material!  I wouldn't mind if this kicked off a trend of his harder to get material getting reissued at some point.

Now that's lovely.  I guess Norberg s a 20+ minute track in itself, which is well worth the price of admission.  And considering the Australian dollar is as weak as it is right now, this is a no-brainer.

Completely agreed that his older work is in dire need of a repress.  I lucked out in a trade a few years back, and scored a copy of Haunt Me in immaculate condition.  But Radio Amor will always elude me so long as it continues to fetch the prices it does.  Would really love to own that one, someday.

Now that's lovely.  I guess Norberg s a 20+ minute track in itself, which is well worth the price of admission.  And considering the Australian dollar is as weak as it is right now, this is a no-brainer.

Completely agreed that his older work is in dire need of a repress.  I lucked out in a trade a few years back, and scored a copy of Haunt Me in immaculate condition.  But Radio Amor will always elude me so long as it continues to fetch the prices it does.  Would really love to own that one, someday.

Haunt Me has been on my want list for a very long time and I don't think I've ever seen it go for a good price.  That and Radio are ones that I'm going to have to wait for a repress on, they've far passed what I'm willing to pay right now.

And yeah, the Australian dollar being week made this a really easy decision.  I think you'll be pleased with the songs, I know I was.

Haunt Me has been on my want list for a very long time and I don't think I've ever seen it go for a good price.  That and Radio are ones that I'm going to have to wait for a repress on, they've far passed what I'm willing to pay right now.

And yeah, the Australian dollar being week made this a really easy decision.  I think you'll be pleased with the songs, I know I was.

I actually just double-check the prices on both, and Radio Amor isn't as bad as it used to be.  For a while there, the only copies available were for $150 - $200 on top of international shipping.  Just nasty.  I wonder if Kranky would be interested in reissuing the vinyl like they've done with the new SOTL presses.  If they could be persuaded to do that for those first two Hecker albums, it'd be a dream come true.

And honestly, the idea of a single 20 minute Tim Hecker track simply tickles me.  Especially since it was released shortly after Harmony In Ultraviolet.

I actually just double-check the prices on both, and Radio Amor isn't as bad as it used to be.  For a while there, the only copies available were for $150 - $200 on top of international shipping.  Just nasty.  I wonder if Kranky would be interested in reissuing the vinyl like they've done with the new SOTL presses.  If they could be persuaded to do that for those first two Hecker albums, it'd be a dream come true.

Since Kranky was responsible for Mirages reissue, it doesn't seem like they're opposed to reissuing things they didn't release initially either.  I feel like this is more of an "eventually we'll get to it" sort of thing, but I have no basis for that of course.

Edit : it's also interesting Alien8 hasn't reissued Haunt Me.  As far as I know, they're still an active label and that seems like an easy way to meet some demand and fill up their coffer in the process.