PO: Emery - The Question - Out 10/16/15

I agree! Even though packaging didn't suprise me ,but I was still hoping for more.

If emery were in charge of putting this album out it would have been a thousand times better. But Tooth and Nail did it without telling Emery. Matt talked about it on the BadChristian Podcast a few weeks ago.  Matt and Toby have reached out to EMI a thousand times to try and get represses of their old records but they always said no.

Regardless I still love my record. The red looks great! Matt also insinuated that there would be more represses of their other records as well. Ex: I'm Only A Man, In Shallow Seas We Sail, We Do What We Want.

Like overpriced and delayed for months on end or not ship at all to people who pledged more money?

Heres the thing about crowdfunding. I crowd fund often, and 90% of the time the actual release of the album or product is extremely delayed.  When you crowd fund expect to wait for a while. I had no assumptions that Emerys campaign would be any different then every other Kickstarter or Indiegogo. I received my variants the way I ordered them. I loved the album and enjoyed the final product.

After spinning this today I'm left pretty underwhelmed between the packaging, some distortion on Freddie Mercury, and the removal of the hidden song after Win, Win Situation.  One of the best parts of the album IMO.

That ending is one of my favorite emery moments and it really sucks that it's not there. I feel pretty much the same as you.

Heres the thing about crowdfunding. I crowd fund often, and 90% of the time the actual release of the album or product is extremely delayed.  When you crowd fund expect to wait for a while. I had no assumptions that Emerys campaign would be any different then every other Kickstarter or Indiegogo. I received my variants the way I ordered them. I loved the album and enjoyed the final product.

Glad it worked out for you. The reality of it is that the band handled the campaign extremely unprofessionally. Doing stuff like quadrupling the amount of the test pressings so more people could buy it after it sold out due to people who wanted something super limited.  when called out on things the band said things like "it's our money and we can use it how we want" "The album is way past due but I'm not apologizing because it's so good everyone will love it so much more blah blah". Literally haven't spun my vinyl because i can't separate the music from the bands asshattery. There's multiple threads about it. Used to be one of my top 5 favorite bands ever so it sucks to admit how shady they come off as to me now. I know they're human and they're not perfect but it's a consistent thing with these guys.

/rant rant rant sorry

The Weak's End or I'm out.

It's weird, this was released and available for the longest time... Broken Circles did it I think? I even remember the original thread for it, it was one of the best ever. The label announced the announcement of the release by only posting the song lengths in minutes and seconds and people could guess. The comments were like "it's a record by a band who released a great second album" - which got me to listen to the Question for the first time and have enjoyed it ever since. This was late 09 or early 10.

I didn't buy TWE, and wouldn't today either, don't like that at all. I'd might buy the other albums though, for the right price.

On the newest album - I never pledged (nor would I ever from these guys) but I bought it from their european distributor and got it for cheap on or around the release day. Guess I was lucky. I got black even, I think.

Ordered through Bullmoose and it should be here today. I really wish this was getting the proper treatment it deserves. They could have done some really cool stuff with the whole letter design and just put a lot more effort into it. I would have gladly paid another $10 for something better than what they put out but this is in my top 5 favorite albums so I was going to pick it up either way. I would say that I wish BC was doing it but with the last album being such a clusterf**k I don't think I'd really want them to handle it.

My test press bundle from the crowd fund was supposed to have an alt jacket for the vinyl and it was of course the regular jacket. The variant was supposed to be a limited contributor only variant and then they released that same variant on their webstore and people were getting it before the crowd funding people were. The test press didn't even have any kind of jacket at all and just came in the poly bag that the normal vinyl came in. To say I was disappointed by how it was all handled would be an understatement and how the band acted about it all was even more disappointing...

Edit: I just realized I wrote a book. I apologize.