PO: Emery - The Question - Out 10/16/15

whew, the inner groove distortion is pretty awful. definitely an over-priced, half-ass release. i'll definitely think twice about buying any of these new tooth & nail reissues. 

EDIT: The B-Side is pretty much unlistenable. 

is it that difficult to listen to a test pressing before ordering 1500 units?

whew, the inner groove distortion is pretty awful. definitely an over-priced, half-ass release. i'll definitely think twice about buying any of these new tooth & nail reissues. 

EDIT: The B-Side is pretty much unlistenable. 

is it that difficult to listen to a test pressing before ordering 1500 units?

i had lots of pops and distortion on my Come Now Sleep pressing... seems like a theme with T&N.

From what I understand all the latest T&N vinyl releases are not being mastered for vinyl...all straight digital-to-vinyl. Not sure if that helps explain the quality issues but it certainly helps explain a bit of the label mentality behind them.

I mean, they're doing what people have been asking for, but it's not as simple as ordering some CDs from a manufacturer. Someone who knows something about audio has to be involved in the process. Certain plants also have this issue and just take orders too.

My copy didn't sound bad. My FSF on the other hand, that sounds like a white record for sure.

Interesting. you can't hear the inner groove distortion that is on the emery record, but you can hear the white vinyl noise on the further seems forever record. i haven't heard the FSF record yet, but i'll be curious to compare myself. what kind of magical setup do you have that eliminates IGD but emphasizes the sound of the vinyl color?

Interesting. you can't hear the inner groove distortion that is on the emery record, but you can hear the white vinyl noise on the further seems forever record. i haven't heard the FSF record yet, but i'll be curious to compare myself. what kind of magical setup do you have that eliminates IGD but emphasizes the sound of the vinyl color?

Yeah...my FSF sounds fine, a little muted, but nothing terrible. Side A is quiet as can be, and side B has some slight noise, but I haven't even wet cleaned it yet. I think sometimes people just like to "sound cool" when they say stuff on here.

Yeah...my FSF sounds fine, a little muted, but nothing terrible. Side A is quiet as can be, and side B has some slight noise, but I haven't even wet cleaned it yet. I think sometimes people just like to "sound cool" when they say stuff on here.

I'm not trying to sound cool at all? I'm extremely familiar with the FSF album. I've heard it hundreds of times, just not on vinyl. I heard a bit of surface noise, probably more noticeable because I had this album playing loud as fuck in my car less than twelve hours before I received the vinyl in the mail. The Emery record, I'm not familiar with at all. I think I may have heard it twice when it originally came out. Mind you, I wasn't sitting there completely focused on my turntable/speakers, but I didn't notice anything on the Emery record.

But if it's cool to lie about how an LP pressing sounds, I've been hanging around the wrong people.

Emery sounded fine to me with the exception of, as previously mentioned, the inner songs on both sides. Could they have been done better, oh yes, but I'm happy just to have some of my favorites on vinyl.

sucks that it's fish in a barrel. Shit in a sleeve with a nostalgic name and we're all sold on it.

With that said did it ever go on sale at ht? I want both variants of this garbage

I called every hot topic within 300 miles of my place. I finally found someone that told me that they don't even have them at the warehouse yet. Tooth and Nail got our hopes up a little too soon. Just keep an eye out and if you find one shoot me a PM.