Carly Rae Jepsen - E•MO•TION (Now with 5th Anniversary edition out)...May as well be the All-Encompassing Everything CRJ Official Thread

Bull Moose has a pre-order of Carly Rae's new album up!

Album is getting really good reviews, and from the 7 songs of it that she's already released, I think this is going to be a solid release.

Album is out tomorrow, but looks like vinyl will be out October 23rd.

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/20858068/carly-rae-jepsen-emotion

Been leaked for two months now, easily a top 10 release for me this year. Hands down some of the best songs out this year

It didn't really leak. It was officially released in Japan. Really strange release schedule. Anyway, will definitely be picking this up. Run Away With Me may be the best pop song of the year.

This is probably going to be a top 10 album for me this year. I'm so happy to see it's getting a vinyl release! I can't for the life of me figure out why the label decided to release it here two months later. I can only think of negative repercussions: One being that nowadays once music is out there, it's out there. Ridiculous to think that no one in the US would download an album they really wanted two months earlier by using a Japanese source. Secondly this would have been an EXCELLENT summer album. So, SO stupid to put it out as summer dwindles down. Who knows, maybe I'm way off base but it all seems very dumb to me. 

This is probably going to be a top 10 album for me this year. I'm so happy to see it's getting a vinyl release! I can't for the life of me figure out why the label decided to release it here two months later. I can only think of negative repercussions: One being that nowadays once music is out there, it's out there. Ridiculous to think that no one in the US would download an album they really wanted two months earlier by using a Japanese source. Secondly this would have been an EXCELLENT summer album. So, SO stupid to put it out as summer dwindles down. Who knows, maybe I'm way off base but it all seems very dumb to me.

I agree with everything you just said 100%

Maybe they were hoping a single would catch on a little more, but again... All the things you said.

Honestly and truly one of the best pop albums I've ever heard. Listened to it three times today. I'm obsessed. Gonna have to pick this up, but I'm wondering what songs will be on there, because the standard edition is the first 12 songs but "Black Heart" is one of my favorite songs on here. 

I hope this album does well for her, been listening to her since her first small record on 604 Records. I don't like people calling her a "one hit wonder"

label has mishandled it ridiculously. getting her some decent critical acclaim and i hope the sales do well but i truly doubt it

label has mishandled it ridiculously. getting her some decent critical acclaim and i hope the sales do well but i truly doubt it

It will probably flop sales wise, she has little to no promo going into the release tomorrow in the U.S. with the way the labels been showcasing the record + it's ridiculously low on the iTunes chart the night prior to release. She'll be lucky if she pulls in 80k first week. That said, it's a shame considering how good it is. I'll snag the vinyl release once it's out. 

it's almost embarrassing how much i have continually enjoyed listening to both of her big hits. i've also been hearing quite a bit of the title track at work, and that song is outstanding. excited to listen to the rest.

• jhulud changed the title to Carly Rae Jepsen - E•MO•TION (Now with 5th Anniversary edition out)...May as well be the All-Encompassing Everything CRJ Official Thread