Carly Rae Jepsen - E•MO•TION (Now with 5th Anniversary edition out)...May as well be the All-Encompassing Everything CRJ Official Thread

It will probably flop sales wise, she has little to no promo going into the release tomorrow in the U.S. with the way the labels been showcasing the record + it's ridiculously low on the iTunes chart the night prior to release. She'll be lucky if she pulls in 80k first week. That said, it's a shame considering how good it is. I'll snag the vinyl release once it's out. 

It is a shame... I liked her last album, minus the Big hit song, thought the rest of the album was a fun pop album. This one is sounding better but it seems like she doesn't fit anyones demo. She's too pop for the indie crowd, not cool enough for the mainstream listeners, and none of her new songs don't seem to be big hits like they expected. Glad people are giving it love

Went to pick up the deluxe Target edition today before work... they didn't have it out.

I asked and the guy looked it up for me... he said "We have it but it's not set to go out until Monday... which is weird because it says here we can sell it" I asked if it'd be the same for all Targets or if that was just their store waiting to put it out, and he said that it'd be all Targets doing it.

Not saying it's gonna hurt the album, but it certainly won't help by not having it on the selves for weekend shoppers who might pick it up on a whim, or are going to Target to get it and won't ask for help if they don't see it. Also, oddly, they only had 2 copies (now 1 after my purchase)... and it's a decent sized Target.

Went to pick up the deluxe Target edition today before work... they didn't have it out.

I asked and the guy looked it up for me... he said "We have it but it's not set to go out until Monday... which is weird because it says here we can sell it" I asked if it'd be the same for all Targets or if that was just their store waiting to put it out, and he said that it'd be all Targets doing it.

Not saying it's gonna hurt the album, but it certainly won't help by not having it on the selves for weekend shoppers who might pick it up on a whim, or are going to Target to get it and won't ask for help if they don't see it. Also, oddly, they only had 2 copies (now 1 after my purchase)... and it's a decent sized Target.

It's listed in the weekly ad as available today. Flop target.

Wow, even Anthony Fantano likes it: https://twitter.com/theneedledrop/status/634803782120046592

I'm gonna give it a listen, right now.

I just saw that and went to go check it out. Wow, was I not expecting this. Really loving the 80's inspired pop synths and instrumentation on these tracks. Her vocal range is pretty spectacular here too. I think this album will nuke the whole "call me maybe" thing from orbit.

OK. I'm a few beers in at the moment, but listening to E•MO•TION and so far I am hooked...it's definitely that 80's style synth pop that I so vividly recall hearing everywhere way back when.

And it's so fuckin' good. 

yep yep doing the same tonight, after checking out this thread and seeing so many give her praise for her last album *which I just kind of wrote off after hearing call me maybe*. Its so damn good and I hate that I didn't give it a fair shot, wanting to check out the first album now. 

https://www.carlyraemusic.com/store/t-shirt-lithograph-bundle-deluxe

I know this is vinyl collective and there's no vinyl bundle but I thought I'd share this here because 1) that white tank top is so hot and 2) I figure I can't be the only one here who still listens to CDs in the car. No idea when they'll ship but hopefully it's within the next two weeks so I can spend my break back home cruising downtown while blasting this album with all the windows down.

OK. I'm a few beers in at the moment, but listening to E•MO•TION and so far I am hooked...it's definitely that 80's style synth pop that I so vividly recall hearing everywhere way back when.

And it's so fuckin' good. 

More slap bass in pop music for ever and ever amen

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qV5lzRHrGeg

Ummmmmmmmmmm HolyShitTomHanks

Wow, that video has a better-than-decent view count for an album that's (seemingly) flying so far below the public's radar. I gave it a full listen, and now I'm on the "this deserves more attention than it's getting" bandwagon.

video has been out for several months, and got a whole lot of buzz for hanks alone.

i also made the classic mistake of putting this on while cleaning the apartment earlier.. and not realizing it was on shuffle until about halfway through.

I enjoyed Call Me Maybe for what it was, a shamelessly catchy pop song but it was definitely overplayed. Only a couple songs on that album (Kiss) really pulled me in though. I can say that over the past couple weeks I've been listening to all her singles on spotify and I Really Want You is just as catchy a pop song as Call Me and Good Time. Will pick it up the album on vinyl if it's as good as everyone is saying once I can stream it.

I enjoyed Call Me Maybe for what it was, a shamelessly catchy pop song but it was definitely overplayed. Only a couple songs on that album (Kiss) really pulled me in though. I can say that over the past couple weeks I've been listening to all her singles on spotify and I Really Want You is just as catchy a pop song as Call Me and Good Time. Will pick it up the album on vinyl if it's as good as everyone is saying once I can stream it.

Really Want You is one of the weaker songs on the record, crazily enough.

• jhulud changed the title to Carly Rae Jepsen - E•MO•TION (Now with 5th Anniversary edition out)...May as well be the All-Encompassing Everything CRJ Official Thread