Carly Rae Jepsen - E•MO•TION (Now with 5th Anniversary edition out)...May as well be the All-Encompassing Everything CRJ Official Thread

Went to pick up the deluxe Target edition today before work... they didn't have it out.

I asked and the guy looked it up for me... he said "We have it but it's not set to go out until Monday... which is weird because it says here we can sell it" I asked if it'd be the same for all Targets or if that was just their store waiting to put it out, and he said that it'd be all Targets doing it.

Not saying it's gonna hurt the album, but it certainly won't help by not having it on the selves for weekend shoppers who might pick it up on a whim, or are going to Target to get it and won't ask for help if they don't see it. Also, oddly, they only had 2 copies (now 1 after my purchase)... and it's a decent sized Target.

My Target got 4 Neck Deep's but only 2 CRJ's.

Went to pick up the deluxe Target edition today before work... they didn't have it out.

I asked and the guy looked it up for me... he said "We have it but it's not set to go out until Monday... which is weird because it says here we can sell it" I asked if it'd be the same for all Targets or if that was just their store waiting to put it out, and he said that it'd be all Targets doing it.

Not saying it's gonna hurt the album, but it certainly won't help by not having it on the selves for weekend shoppers who might pick it up on a whim, or are going to Target to get it and won't ask for help if they don't see it. Also, oddly, they only had 2 copies (now 1 after my purchase)... and it's a decent sized Target.

This has to do with the RIAA changing release dates of CDs from Tuesdays to Fridays a couple of months ago, and record labels not following up with the retailers who sell their music to make sure it gets put out on release day. Most retailers have major "as set" changes on Sunday when prices change store wide and Tuesday when new Movies get released (and CDs used to come out on Tuesdays)... So the albums won't get put out until a couple of days after the actual release. There was very little push for retailers to put albums out on Friday release day, probably something contractual between the record labels and the retailers that has grandfathered over from before the change to Friday releases. All I know is that this will pretty much be the same at Best Buys, Targets, Barnes and Nobles until the root cause of the problem gets fixed.

This has to do with the RIAA changing release dates of CDs from Tuesdays to Fridays a couple of months ago, and record labels not following up with the retailers who sell their music to make sure it gets put out on release day. Most retailers have major "as set" changes on Sunday when prices change store wide and Tuesday when new Movies get released (and CDs used to come out on Tuesdays)... So the albums won't get put out until a couple of days after the actual release. There was very little push for retailers to put albums out on Friday release day, probably something contractual between the record labels and the retailers that has grandfathered over from before the change to Friday releases. All I know is that this will pretty much be the same at Best Buys, Targets, Barnes and Nobles until the root cause of the problem gets fixed.

It must be a YMMV thing cause my target has been very good about having new releases out on Friday.

friday release days, everybody! 

for some reason she just can't stick. It's weird.

I don't get this at all. Almost everyone I know spent all day Friday talking about this album. I haven't heard anything but praise about it, even from people who I figured wouldn't be into it. I went to a bar on Saturday and they were just straight up playing the album in the bar.

I know the label totally botched the release process but that seems like such a tiny number for a mainstream pop album that appears to have a lot of buzz.

She spent wayyyy too much time promoting the album in Asia, IMO. And only did a quick blitz this past week in the states. That was probably the biggest misplay as far as gaining traction here. Then again, I Really Like You should have gotten infinitely more radio play than it did when it came out. For some reason unbeknownst to me it fell on its face.

I don't get this at all. Almost everyone I know spent all day Friday talking about this album. I haven't heard anything but praise about it, even from people who I figured wouldn't be into it. I went to a bar on Saturday and they were just straight up playing the album in the bar.

I know the label totally botched the release process but that seems like such a tiny number for a mainstream pop album that appears to have a lot of buzz.

General music consumers rarely look into music reviews as it is unless major news networks report on it, if she's not within the public's eye via a top 10 single or had a random scandal break out ala Miley Cyrus then most people aren't aware of her possibly  even having a new album or songs apart from CMM. 

Just remember that Euro music fans and Asian music fans are MUCH more rabid than US fans.

We tend to be cheap and fleeting in our fandom. Her overseas music push kind of makes sense from a financial standpoint.

It really does, people are referring her success in Asian based markets to that of Avril Lavigne. Weirdly the people in that market gravitated towards her and tend to be more dedicated to an artist in comparison to the U.S. in U.K. 

• jhulud changed the title to Carly Rae Jepsen - E•MO•TION (Now with 5th Anniversary edition out)...May as well be the All-Encompassing Everything CRJ Official Thread