PO: Baroness - Purple

Dave Fridmann is producing, that could be cool. I hope it sounds like The Woods

Despite loving all the color albums, I've never listened to First or Second. Guess I should do something about that.

Get on that. The vocals are pretty much just an intense metal roar with no actual singing but if you can dig that (or get past it, if necessary), the music is ridiculously amazing.

Oh man do I have my fingers crossed for a single tomorrow........

I need something to argue with people about until December 18th that isn't Star Wars hahah

very surprised it isn't called Violet or something, Purple just seems a little out of sync with their tone

Please expand. I'm not trying to be acerbic or snooty. I'm genuinely interested in what you mean by "tone". I like to discuss shit like this endlessly.

Please expand. I'm not trying to be acerbic or snooty. I'm genuinely interested in what you mean by "tone". I like to discuss shit like this endlessly.

Sure! I just feel like with John's art and the lyrical style of all their past stuff, the word "Purple" just seems a little goofy, maybe blunt. It just doesn't feel like it has that same romantic ring the rest of it does. I'm sure the album itself, and the art, will quickly change my opinion on that though. 

I honestly wasn't expecting to find myself THIS hyped for this album, but god damn am I excited. I've been hunting down any and all live videos from this tour, and from the few that are out there the band's on fire. It also doesn't feel like its been 3 years since Yellow and Green! That flew by!

Been listening since red, but I really dig yellow. And not just because it's (part of) the latest release, but I've definitely listened to it the most since then. As someone else said, when a band evolves it takes a bit of getting used to but if you're prepared and willing to go with it, you go along.

A mate of mine is a touring sound tech, and ever since he pointed out the drum sound on Blue to me, I can't help but like it a little less.

Check Spotify...

Well spotted sir!! Loving the album art. Looks great. Just giving it a listen now...

Also, I may have a opportunity to meet John Baizley after work. I have the sleeve for Yellow & Green with me just in case. Figured if I can grab a signature then it'll look best on there.

Edit: New track is great. Love the lead guitar work as always! Those who prefer their earlier work may not like it so much, more along the lines of Yellow and Green.

Possible album cover (unless its the artwork for the single?):

AdobePhotoshopExpress_2a2d2c0ef69c408d95

Amazon UK only has an MP3 version listed, but it has the same artwork from Spotify.

The actual album listing doesn't have track names, but searching "baroness purple mp3" throws up the individual track names:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?k=baroness+purple+mp3

10 tracks in all.