PO: Baroness - Purple

Jumped on that Marble pre-order. Also got Blue, which I just realized I didn't have, in that nice bone white/blue swirl. Ended up ordering them separately, though, so I didn't get stuck waiting.

I like the new song. They're a long way off from First/Second/Red metal days, but it's good "alternative hard rock", which is fine too

Fuck you all!! I just met John Baizley and Pete Adams!! Got my copy of Yellow and Green signed.

Met them after the show in Columbus on my 28th birthday. John was hounded by people so I didn't get to talk to him much, Pete told me happy birthday and was just a genuine kickass dude! I got a show poster signed by them both framed at home. It was the first show they played anything off Yellow and Green. 

Met them after the show in Columbus on my 28th birthday. John was hounded by people so I didn't get to talk to him much, Pete told me happy birthday and was just a genuine kickass dude! I got a show poster signed by them both framed at home. It was the first show they played anything off Yellow and Green.

That's awesome. Nice birthday present then! One of those days you wont forget :)

They both seemed pretty awesome, and VERY excited and positive about the new album. John said that they went with Chlorine & Wine today to give something a bit different, and maybe shake people's opinions up a little. With the intro starting slow, I suppose people will be lured into thinking it continues that way, and that they've gone soft, only to be hit with the heavier section.

Grabbed the half black / half purple. 

Ditto. Grabbed it this morning from the Baroness page - dug the black / purple split. I assuming it included shipping, so it's only a few bucks more than relaspe, etc. I am fine sending a few extra bucks directly to the band. If i had more disposable cash I would have loved one of the print sets.

This is terrible. I can't believe this is the same band (not all the same members of course) that put out Red album. You could see some progression in Blue record, but it was still a really solid effort. Yellow/Green was meh but tolerable, but this is total garbage. That guitar solo that sounds like a keyboard (or maybe it is a keyboard) around the 4 minute mark is laughable.