PO: Baroness - Purple

Nah, I'm still waiting too but I'm in Aus. My package made a strange "terminal" stop in Germany, I sent DHL a message asking about it.

I picked mine up this morning from the post office (UK). It's really odd because it has an address in Texas, and was sent from there by DHL, but there's another sticker on the mailer showing it coming from another address in Germany. I assume maybe they bulk sent all international orders to some sort of forwarding office in Germany for distribution.

Also the customs declaration says "Cotton Hoodie"! Now, I'm grateful because I didn't pay any customs fees, but if they're gonna lie then just mark the value down, it's pretty obvious it's not a cotton hoodie... Saying that, maybe the wrong sticker was put on the mailer or something.

Have faith Sasan!! Mine was sent on 14/12/2015 according to the mailer. Had to be signed for as well.

I'm sure it'll be with you soon :)

Unfortunately, I ordered at jpc.de...the current status is "re-order". I read somewhere that there were delivery issues (distinguishing black & purple variants) and therefore amazon couldn't deliver the purple variant anymore. Guess this is why I won't received my order (although I've ordered in mid-November) :(

Anyways, I'm currently quite pissed about jpc.de...normally, they are very fast & one of my favorites...but from my last 10 orders, they cancelled 7 because they were out of stock (some PT, Baroness, Cinematic Orchestra,...) :(

I read somewhere that there were delivery issues (distinguishing black & purple variants) 

That's true. I work at a record store and we got an e-mail from the distributor (universal) that they put the wrong EAN-codes on each variant and swapped them up when sending them out. They noticed their mistake quite early on, but had already shipped out multiple orders. That's how our store ended up with 10 black and 25 (out of 900) translucent purple copies. 

They went out in a heartbeat of course, so unfortunately I can't help you out here.

If anyone gets Decibel, there's a good Baizley interview.  I didn't realize he was in constant pain and has to be on pain medication 24/7, otherwise the pain is unbearable.  Apparently due to a large nerve in his arm that runs loose after the accident.  He equated it to sticking his arm into water with a toaster.  Sounds miserable.  More power to him for pushing through, that would drive me insane and I'm not sure how I could cope.

If anyone gets Decibel, there's a good Baizley interview. I didn't realize he was in constant pain and has to be on pain medication 24/7, otherwise the pain is unbearable. Apparently due to a large nerve in his arm that runs loose after the accident. He equated it to sticking his arm into water with a toaster. Sounds miserable. More power to him for pushing through, that would drive me insane and I'm not sure how I could cope.

There's also a whole series of Youtube documentaries the band posted during the lead up to the release of Purple where Baizley talks a bit about that as well, and how it played into his lyric writing for this record.

Can you elaborate on this? I thought there was only one sleeve? 

That is all I got anyway... 

Oh man, I just opened my copy and couldn't remember if this was a 2LP or not, but the 2 different sleeves really threw me off! Bit of an odd decision, but I guess at least people have a choice of which one to use.

There's also a whole series of Youtube documentaries the band posted during the lead up to the release of Purple where Baizley talks a bit about that as well, and how it played into his lyric writing for this record.

Right on.  I wasn't aware of those, but will definitely check them out today.

Can you elaborate on this? I thought there was only one sleeve?

That is all I got anyway...

My copy had the record in a standard black paper sleeve, with the printed sleeve by itself in the middle of the gatefold. I'm guessing they shipped it this way to keep the printed sleeve in mint shape during transit.