PO: A Skylit Drive - She Watched The Sky

Hey Andrew!

I'm working on getting new jackets. What happened was when we got them, the seams were split already and we didn't want to delay any further so it kind of put us in a corner. Either ship as they were or delay more. We chose to ship and apparently that wasn't the right decision. Waiting to hear back from the plant as to what can be done. Let us know if that's okay.

-WTR

Haven't received a response yet, but that's crazy if it's true. I mean... It's cool they didn't want is to wait any longer, but now they'll (possibly) have to go trough the trouble of sending out replacement jackets now.

I honestly would have been fine with waiting though.

Haven't received a response yet, but that's crazy if it's true. I mean... It's cool they didn't want is to wait any longer, but now they'll (possibly) have to go trough the trouble of sending out replacement jackets now.

I honestly would have been fine with waiting though.

It is unfortunately true. All the records (500+) were shipped in jackets. So when FedEx handled them roughly, the seams were going to split. That's what happened. Unfortunately, it happened with the /100 variant. I had promised you guys I'd ship next day. I intended to keep that promise. 

What I've been offering anyone who contacts us is to put them on a list for a replacement jacket (not sure how long this will take) or I can offer you 50% off another record (you'd be getting it at cost) then you've got another jacket and another record. It's entirely up to you guys. 

Another thing you all could do to help us out would be to email me pictures of the tears so I can put them in a file so we can make a claim against FedEx.

[email protected] 

Really sorry about all the issues guys. Unfortunately, they've all been out of our control. I wish I could say that without it sounding like a cop out, but it's the honest truth.

EDIT: If you want the 50% off message me and I'll get you the code ASAP.

Wanted to update you guys real quick. Sent over 40 photos of seam splits and damaged boxes to FedEx today. Hoping I hear something back soon so I can figure something out for them. If any of you have one that came with the seams split, they were pretty exclusive to the /100 variant, unfortunately, if you could forward us pictures, it would help in our claim. What's ridiculous is if you try to create a seam split on your own, it's incredibly difficult, which tells me the records were handled recklessly. I'll do my best to keep you all in the loop.

• 3 weeks later...

I accidentally ordered two from Tragic Hero, once in August, and again in February because I completely forgot this even got pressed to vinyl. Same variant, same everything. Yet they shipped a full month apart from each other. What the hell is up with that?

Side note, selling the second one I got. $22 ppd. Promise to ship faster than Merchbucket.

i66SZFz.jpg

I accidentally ordered two from Tragic Hero, once in August, and again in February because I completely forgot this even got pressed to vinyl. Same variant, same everything. Yet they shipped a full month apart from each other. What the hell is up with that?

Side note, selling the second one I got. $22 ppd. Promise to ship faster than Merchbucket.

i66SZFz.jpg

You could put it up on discogs. Some asshole there is flipping theirs for $50 even though it's not sold out on merchbucket. 

As long as I'm bumping this thread, there are two more test presses available. Scoop em up!