Official Dream Catalogue™ / Vaporwave Thread

good lord it's fucking gorgeous!! can't wait for mine to come in! I heard at some point they sold out but he kept taking orders for a later press or something - I hope I got my order in before that happened, I don't want to wait!

And yeah, same here. The album is superb. took me a few listens to digest fully, but it's excellent. That other chess master album is awesome too - probably a bit darker and weirder than this new one. very different, but I love them both.

Yeah, the one from earlier this year seems less cohesive. Still awesome, but I may prefer the new one. Who knows? They're both killer.

Maybe less cohesive, yeah. Weirdly enough the pacing sort of reminds me of Madvillainy - a series of short vignettes that paint a picture of something bigger and weirder than you'd initially expect

Non-Entity has an ethereal quality to it that I really appreciate. I don't think Chess Master was going for that vibe on that other album (can't remember the title in english). Really loving them both, and from what I hear DC has more stuff coming very soon, which is exiting.

I am usually up on most experimental genres... but what the hell makes something "vaporwave"?

I'd say the genre has expanded so much at this point that it's a bit difficult to pin down now, but the Wikipedia certainly helps. The term has become a bit more synonymous with the aesthetic and philosophy of the music than the actual sound - stuff like 2 4 1 8 certainly pushes the boundaries of what you'd typically associate with vaporwave and heads a little more in the ambient direction.

And Remember.

All of those threads shouldn't have been merged. Just the DC ones.

I asked you prior to merging all these threads if you'd mind and you said, "no." If you want to make separate threads for separate labels then go for it, however if this is all the same genre and scene then I don't see a problem in keeping them in one thread. This is how things operate on the other boards.

Not trying to be rude, there were a lot of threads with Japanese text. It made this board difficult to navigate. I'm not at all trying to retard your discussion of Vaporwave releases but all those separate threads were taking up a lot of space.