CONVERGE - Thousands of Miles Between Us Deluxe Box set (Limited): 3 X Blu-ray, Live 2XLP

A few notes:

Deluxe Box Set:

Why so expensive? Simple: It is/was expensive to create. The custom box alone is expensive to manufacture, adding 3 Blu-Ray Discs, 2 X 12"LPs w/ a Jacket, a 160 Page Perfect Bound Book, 16 oz Slipmat, and Embroidered Patch adds a much more to that expense. I should also note that this thing is a beast and weighs over 6 pounds. It's not for everyone, and isn't meant to be, that is why there are other, more affordable, options of the release to choose from. 

If anything the 3 X Blu-Ray version is underpriced as the manufacturing cost on that version is quite high for us as well. I'd rather get it in as many hands as possible though as I consider that the "standard" version of the release.

Apparel:

There is a ton of options to choose from, and yes, even sweatpants. Thought it would be fun to make them as we've never made them before. Again, not for everyone, but not meant to be either.

Anyway, thanks for checking the release/project out. We've worked incredibly hard on it for years now.

Your interest in it is appreciated.

-J.

Fuck this... just ordered the Deathwish one... I am sure I will not regret it... Come on this is their "live shit binge & purge", I remember how I begged God for having one of those when I was a teen, don't want to go through that again :D

I got the cassette version as a christmas gift back in the day. Still have it.

Bought a Deathwish.

Fuuuuuuuuck... EU KRM variant is already sold out?!?!?!?!?

I was hesitating too long. Now I regret... :(

Any chance for restocks???

KRM US has a $65 price tag on shipping to the EU...

im feeling like were going to see lots of messages like this.

just think how bad you want it, if you end up paying 200$ on the aftermarket, maybe 165$ isnt that bad. i think youll get better S&H from deathwish though 

A few notes:

Deluxe Box Set:

Why so expensive? Simple: It is/was expensive to create. The custom box alone is expensive to manufacture, adding 3 Blu-Ray Discs, 2 X 12"LPs w/ a Jacket, a 160 Page Perfect Bound Book, 16 oz Slipmat, and Embroidered Patch adds a much more to that expense. I should also note that this thing is a beast and weighs over 6 pounds. It's not for everyone, and isn't meant to be, that is why there are other, more affordable, options of the release to choose from. 

If anything the 3 X Blu-Ray version is underpriced as the manufacturing cost on that version is quite high for us as well. I'd rather get it in as many hands as possible though as I consider that the "standard" version of the release.

Apparel:

There is a ton of options to choose from, and yes, even sweatpants. Thought it would be fun to make them as we've never made them before. Again, not for everyone, but not meant to be either.

Anyway, thanks for checking the release/project out. We've worked incredibly hard on it for years now.

Your interest in it is appreciated.

-J.

Except no option to buy the live lp. Don't you want that to get into as many hands as possible? I am just a fan of your music and I don't need all of the other stuff. I hope you guys release the album on its own. I would also buy the DVD with that!

Super weird that they are charging so much after their history of extremely reasonably priced LPs. I will happily pass on this one. Maybe if it was studio albums and more than 2xLPs. The Eluvium box is 7LPs and includes new art, unreleased music and is only $50 more than this.

Edit: the Swans one is 4xLPs and is still $40 cheaper. Ugh.

im feeling like were going to see lots of messages like this.

just think how bad you want it, if you end up paying 200$ on the aftermarket, maybe 165$ isnt that bad. i think youll get better S&H from deathwish though

Got the DW variant already this morning. I just wasn't sure whether to pull the trigger on a second copy or not...

Except no option to buy the live lp. Don't you want that to get into as many hands as possible? I am just a fan of your music and I don't need all of the other stuff. I hope you guys release the album on its own. I would also buy the DVD with that!

I think you may be missing the point of the Deluxe Box Set. It is for completists and collectors and a "special" version of the project, and not intended to appeal/please every listener/supporter of our band. Perhaps the HD-Digital or 3 X Blu-Ray versions are more fitting for you.

As for pricing, it's not "weird" as it is just an expensive project for us to create, simple as that. 2 X 12"LPs, 3 Blu-Ray discs, 160 Page Perfect bound book, 16oz Slipmat, Embroidered patch, and more. Even the box itself is/was expensive to manufacture. Can't really be any more transparent than that. 

Thanks everyone.

-J. 

As excited as I am to listen to the records, I really can't wait to hear the concert in glorious 5.1 surround sound. A question for Jacob or Tre, do you guys know if it was mixed in DTS HD Master Audio or Dolby Digital?

Thanks for putting out such an awesome project.

As excited as I am to listen to the records, I really can't wait to hear the concert in glorious 5.1 surround sound. A question for Jacob or Tre, do you guys know if it was mixed in DTS HD Master Audio or Dolby Digital?

Thanks for putting out such an awesome project.

I believe Alan did it as a DTS Master, thanks.

-J.

I had to get this. The 2xlp ties the whole box set together. I think that is part of the allure for me. The whole boxset is designed incredibly with the great art work and gold foil but the colorway of the lp's plays a huge role in that. Take it or leave but this is something I can admire by one of my favorite bands. Seeing Converge live is an amazing experience and you can't do that everyday. 

As for pricing, it's not "weird" as it is just an expensive project for us to create, simple as that. 2 X 12"LPs, 3 Blu-Ray discs, 160 Page Perfect bound book, 16oz Slipmat, Embroidered patch, and more. Even the box itself is/was expensive to manufacture. Can't really be any more transparent than that. 

Thanks everyone.

-J. 

No need to even explain it dude. People will bitch no matter what. Thanks for all the years of great music (and releases etc etc).

I think you may be missing the point of the Deluxe Box Set. It is for completists and collectors and a "special" version of the project, and not intended to appeal/please every listener/supporter of our band. Perhaps the HD-Digital or 3 X Blu-Ray versions are more fitting for you.

Thanks everyone.

-J. 

I understand the point of the box. I think you may be missing the point that this is a vinyl board and that most of us are interested in vinyl versions of the music we enjoy, not a DVD.

I never said your pricing was "weird". I think it is completely on point for everything in the box. I just don't want everything. Like most people on Vinyl Collective, I want the record. Since you have it buried in a $100 box I just won't be buying it. No worries. I'm sure you will have no problem finding other people who will. 

I understand the point of the box. I think you may be missing the point that this is a vinyl board and that most of us are interested in vinyl versions of the music we enjoy, not a DVD.

I never said your pricing was "weird". I think it is completely on point for everything in the box. I just don't want everything. Like most people on Vinyl Collective, I want the record. Since you have it buried in a $100 box I just won't be buying it. No worries. I'm sure you will have no problem finding other people who will. 

Post below you said the pricing was "weird", which is what I was referring to.

Apologies that the release as a whole doesn't appeal to you and only an aspect of it does. The deluxe box for me is about the entirety of its contents, not just the vinyl portion of it. For me personally, the book was the most challenging aspect to put together and is a bit under recognized. I'm really excited about that part of the package. Point being, we all will have some part of this that interests us more than another for one reason or another. That's the sting of putting together a package like this I suppose.

With that said since this release has different medias, maybe this thread shouldn't be in the "vinyl" section of this community at all? 

Anyway, thanks for the interest in our label and music, it is always appreciated.

-J.

I'm thrilled to have been able to secure a copy of the box set. Although I will have no real use for the patch or the slipmat (have enough of those already), overall the whole shebang is awesome. Personally, I feel that the 3xBluray, book, and 2xLP with the box are worth the price tag. Sure, it will turn off some folks who only desired the 2xLP. But hey...as has been said...can't please everyone.

:)

Post below you said the pricing was "weird", which is what I was referring to.

Apologies that the release as a whole doesn't appeal to you and only an aspect of it does. The deluxe box for me is about the entirety of its contents, not just the vinyl portion of it. For me personally, the book was the most challenging aspect to put together and is a bit under recognized. I'm really excited about that part of the package. Point being, we all will have some part of this that interests us more than another for one reason or another. That's the sting of putting together a package like this I suppose.

With that said since this release has different medias, maybe this thread shouldn't be in the "vinyl" section of this community at all?

Anyway, thanks for the interest in our label and music, it is always appreciated.

-J.

I know I complained at the price also, but I ended up purchasing both version because I enjoy the band for multitudes of reason and want to be immersed in the experience and own something awesome. I have never seen converge live since I'm from the west coast and you rarely play there so this is as close as I can get.

I know I complained at the price also, but I ended up purchasing both version because I enjoy the band for multitudes of reason and want to be immersed in the experience and own something awesome. I have never seen converge live since I'm from the west coast and you rarely play there so this is as close as I can get.

Not sure where you live but I've never lived anywhere but the West Coast and I've seen Converge at least half a dozen times.  They'll come around again.  They always do.