CONVERGE - Thousands of Miles Between Us Deluxe Box set (Limited): 3 X Blu-ray, Live 2XLP

I'm not a diehard collector or completionist by any means, and I'm primarily interested in the vinyl, but I have to say this boxset looks absoultuely beautiful. I hesitated on the price for a second, reminded myself how much this will probably be getting flipped for on eBay, and pulled the trigger. Something this limited and of this magnitude seems like a steal if it is something you actually want to possess from a band you love (or like most of us are completely obsessed with). Let's be honest, some of us spend more than this going out for dinner and drinks. Also, 6 pounds??? This is like the Kingdom Death: Monster of vinyl boxsets. It's weird to see so many complaints about the cost against a record label who consistently puts out high quality releases and has never tries to gouge their fans on prices or charges extra for colored vinyl variants or stupid shipping rates. Anyway, I'm just ranting now, but I'm glad I snagged a copy early and I can't wait to have it displayed on my shelf or coffee table.

A few notes:

Deluxe Box Set:

Why so expensive? Simple: It is/was expensive to create. The custom box alone is expensive to manufacture, adding 3 Blu-Ray Discs, 2 X 12"LPs w/ a Jacket, a 160 Page Perfect Bound Book, 16 oz Slipmat, and Embroidered Patch adds a much more to that expense. I should also note that this thing is a beast and weighs over 6 pounds. It's not for everyone, and isn't meant to be, that is why there are other, more affordable, options of the release to choose from.

If anything the 3 X Blu-Ray version is underpriced as the manufacturing cost on that version is quite high for us as well. I'd rather get it in as many hands as possible though as I consider that the "standard" version of the release.

Apparel:

There is a ton of options to choose from, and yes, even sweatpants. Thought it would be fun to make them as we've never made them before. Again, not for everyone, but not meant to be either.

Anyway, thanks for checking the release/project out. We've worked incredibly hard on it for years now.

Your interest in it is appreciated.

-J.

Talk American nightmare into doing sweatpants "AN" across the cheeks!!!

The price after shipping and conversion for Canada was nuts @ $172 but I had to pull the trigger, no complaints. Can't blame DW for a shitty exchange rate and shipping.

$100 US seems pretty reasonable to buy considering what's involved in the contents and that it's a pretty low run. People on this board need to better understand the manufacturing process and what's involved. That book and box aren't cheap and probably cost more in comparison to the vinyl production. Also consider the amount of time sourcing and editing 3 blu-rays worth of material for the past I dunno 8 years or so. It's definitely a massive labour of love project and you know DW are going to deliver.

The pricing on this thing makes 100% sense and is quite reasonable - not sure how anyone doesn't get that. I can't afford it, and that's a bummer...but not the fault of DW/Converge.

If you wanna aim your pitchforks at someone who has shitty pricing, $RC still puts out records. T&N has some garbage happening right now also.

I don't think anyone is arguing that it's not worth the price. Simply put by someone a couple pages back, the vinyl will most likely be the only thing frequently used, while the Blu Ray and art book may be looked at once or twice. While high quality and no doubt amazing, some people (including myself) can't justify $100 for all of that when only one piece of it will be regularly used.

Honestly, if I had the money, I'd be grabbing this. But I have too much shit coming up I need to pay for unfortunately.

I look forward to seeing pics of this box set.  I didn't go for it, a bit out of my league w/ all the extras, but the package sounds very cool.  I bet that book is awesome and packed full of awesome pictures.  $100 seems very fair, the countless hours going into this, plus all the stuff included, and all the man hours that goes into distributing this around the world, definitely not over priced. 

Did they publish any info on the color of the vinyl of the Kings Road version? They are using the same picture as in the Deathwish store - yellow and white merge, looks like.

DW variant: transparent yellow with black color in color /500

fIoSAJm.jpg

KINGS ROAD variant: yellow/white mix /500

vCNXmHH.jpg