Underoath - They're Only Chasing Safety / Define the Great Line Tour Repress

tlr

Doing a reunion tour two years after a farewell tour is NOTHING BUT A CASHGRAB.

Spencer said in an interview about Sleepwave that he started the first SW tour with $.37 in his bank account. We all know Sleepwave wasn't too successful.

Drugs are a hell of a drug.

That's terrible if they aren't going to press these albums separately. The whole tour seems like a huge cash grab anyway. Regular tickets are $33 without any of the fees. I haven't paid over $30 for a concert in a really long time, maybe ever. Shit like the "only get the vinyl if you get the VIP tickets" pisses me off. They're basically saying I don't give two shits about you, just give us your $$.

Idk where you live but I'm in Miami and most shows here are at least $30-$40, maybe $25 for electronic or rap.

Doing a reunion tour two years after a farewell tour is NOTHING BUT A CASHGRAB.

*3 years

I know everybody likes to bitch about this stuff and I get it to a degree, but think about them as human beings. Aaron and Spencer are the only ones really doing music anymore. Aaron's music is successful but very different. Spencer's is... not nearly as successful as UO.

You've spent a decade of your life as part of a creative vanguard making awesome music that people flip their shit for. Then you spend 3 years in civilian life either doing normal shit or doing music that really isn't as well received or is drastically different from what you spent your glory years doing. Somebody says "hey let's do a quick reunion tour for our two most well-received records and probably make some decent money while living a small taste of our old life", you're gonna be like "sign me the fuck up." I don't care how fulfilled they may be in their current careers, you're hard pressed to find a career musician who isn't itching to relive the rockstar experience every few years.

*3 years

I know everybody likes to bitch about this stuff and I get it to a degree, but think about them as human beings. Aaron and Spencer are the only ones really doing music anymore. Aaron's music is successful but very different. Spencer's is... not nearly as successful as UO.

You've spent a decade of your life as part of a creative vanguard making awesome music that people flip their shit for. Then you spend 3 years in civilian life either doing normal shit or doing music that really isn't as well received or is drastically different from what you spent your glory years doing. Somebody says "hey let's do a quick reunion tour for our two most well-received records and probably make some decent money while living a small taste of our old life", you're gonna be like "sign me the fuck up." I don't care how fulfilled they may be in their current careers, you're hard pressed to find a career musician who isn't itching to relive the rockstar experience every few years.

Well said.  

*3 years

You've got a point. They shouldn't have called the last one a farewell tour in my opinion. Everyone should've learned that lesson from the 70s/80s bands.

You've got a point. They shouldn't have called the last one a farewell tour in my opinion. Everyone should've learned that lesson from the 70s/80s bands.

and Alexisonfire...and Thrice and...well those two come to mind. Make a huuuuge deal about parting ways and, hey we're back! A couple years later!

Thrice was very explicitly clear that they were not breaking up and would be back and the farewell tour was just "farewell" for now. They said that over and over again. It's funny people still act like they broke up...

and Alexisonfire...and Thrice and...well those two come to mind. Make a huuuuge deal about parting ways and, hey we're back! A couple years later!

I was supposed to go to the St. Petersburg show but it appears sold out now. can anyone maybe snag me a copy of the vinyl? ill rein-verse and give a little extra. I'm going to the Orlando show but idk if they'll have any left - if there are I'd be happy to do the same for someone else!

• 2 months later...

This is a secret link they sent to peoople who purchased the VIp ticket but it works if you haven't but it's supposed to be a secret link.

You can get the vinyl only for 40$

http://underoath.merchline.com/products/rebirth-tour-edition-exclusive-dtgl-x-tocs-x-2xlp-vinyl?mc_cid=df696a750c&mc_eid=7a9489793f