Underoath - They're Only Chasing Safety / Define the Great Line Tour Repress

tlr

And man, it breaks my heart that I missed these guys (yet again). Sounds like they may be sticking around though. Hoping for a LITSOS anniversary tour!

I imagine he gave a similar talk at every show but around halfway through TOCS they took a break and Spencer said something along the lines of "we forgot what this band was about and we forgot how to forgive but 3 years is a long time, it doesn't seem like it but it is and we've had time to mend. We realized something was missing from our lives and it was this, what we share with you here. We're back together because you wouldn't let us quit, you made us stick with this so give yourselves a round of applause".

I imagine ending up broke would make anyone realize what they're missing but it still seemed pretty sincere and either way I think they intend to be around again for a while.

Aaron is also going through a divorce. I overheard him talking about it during the Meet & Greet. Seems like a rough time in his life right now. Did he always used to smoke/drink/cuss? Cause I know he's Christian and it just seems like his whole lifestyle has changed. I saw him on his solo tour and he was very off-putting. He's the only one I'm worried about with this rebirth of the band. Fingers crossed for new music from them.

Aaron is also going through a divorce. I overheard him talking about it during the Meet & Greet. Seems like a rough time in his life right now. Did he always used to smoke/drink/cuss? Cause I know he's Christian and it just seems like his whole lifestyle has changed. I saw him on his solo tour and he was very off-putting. He's the only one I'm worried about with this rebirth of the band. Fingers crossed for new music from them.

wow I hope that dude is doing ok, not that I condone his behavior but I just hope it doesn't end up being self destructive

:( Aw man, that is tough. That's probably one/another reason why he seems burnt out. He's always been involved with music though, I don't think that will change.

This really makes me sad. He has some anxiety issues. He told AP that's why he quit in the first place. That could be part of the reason he seems so run down.

http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/aaron_gillespie_apologizes_for_leaving_underoath_i_was_mentally_sick

I hope he can stick it out.

Smoking, drinking, and cussing are dope as fuck. Good for him

Sucks about the divorce though.

Being religious has nothing to do with any of these things. Don't really get why people are questioning his beliefs because they saw him drinkin a beer after a set.

I once saw Maylene smash a case of High Life before playing a set in Kentucky. It was the fuckin' shit.

Doesn't mean that because he does those things that he isn't still a Christian. People always misconstrue Christians as perfect people that don't smoke/drink/curse. Most Christians are "imperfect" as they come. The whole world's problem with "Christianity" is looking to people who claim themselves to be Christians and berating the religion when those same people fuck up and do something everyone deems as "un-Christian." 

Doesn't mean that because he does those things that he isn't still a Christian. People always misconstrue Christians as perfect people that don't smoke/drink/curse. Most Christians are "imperfect" as they come. The whole world's problem with "Christianity" is looking to people who claim themselves to be Christians and berating the religion when those same people fuck up and do something everyone deems as "un-Christian." 

100% agree. I don't really care if he does those things. My only concern is that it may be a red flag that he's not doing well if he wasn't doing those things before, put together with the long tour schedule, the divorce, and known anxiety problems.

Being religious has nothing to do with any of these things. Don't really get why people are questioning his beliefs because they saw him drinkin a beer after a set.

I once saw Maylene smash a case of High Life before playing a set in Kentucky. It was the fuckin' shit.

You obviously have no clue about Christianity. There are absolutely denominations that are strictly against drinking due to the fact it can alter a persons decisions. Not all Christians are Catholics. No judgements on Aaron though, hope he gets better.

You guys are taking it the wrong way. I asked if he had always done those things. Because in my experience, he never cussed at shows/played drunk. I'm not looping all that stuff together. Just wanted to ask before I labeled him as "going through a rough time" if he drank/cussed/smoked before this down time in his life.

100% agree. I don't really care if he does those things. My only concern is that it may be a red flag that he's not doing well if he wasn't doing those things before, put together with the long tour schedule, the divorce, and known anxiety problems.

This. Thank you.

Bottom line, he seems to be going through something tough, so hopefully the other dudes can help push him through that. Seems like he's been run down since Paramore and all that so he just needs time off.

You obviously have no clue about Christianity. There are absolutely denominations that are strictly against drinking due to the fact it can alter a persons decisions. Not all Christians are Catholics. No judgements on Aaron though, hope he gets better.

My bad, I should've used the word relationship instead. I'm aware there are denominations that don't drink or smoke, but what I meant is that it doesn't make you any more of a believer just because you refrain from those things. I live in the Bible Belt. My town is sometimes referred to as "the town with 100 churches". Probably a third of them are Pentacostal.

• 2 months later...
On 4/25/2016 at 1:53 PM, throughbeingcruel said:

Time was a drifter 

• 3 months later...

Apparently there is a new International version (which can only be bought with a VIP Bundle for Australia folks)

https://underoath.merchline.com/

Throwing myself into the queue if someone is going for the VIP but not looking to get the vinyl. Please get the vinyl for me!!

1 hour ago, raynerho said:

Apparently there is a new International version (which can only be bought with a VIP Bundle for Australia folks)

Throwing myself into the queue if someone is going for the VIP but not looking to get the vinyl. Please get the vinyl for me!!

So are we all of the same thinking that we're gonna hear of a more widespread repress of this for general distribution/pre-order? If not, I would think they're leaving alot of money on the table...

On 10/12/2016 at 5:26 AM, raynerho said:

I'll also get in line for that too! If someone in AustrailIa is willing to pick up the vinyl for me, I'll cover your entire VIP ticket. 

Edited by drawcody
Fixed typo

• 3 weeks later...

UK/EU folks, they just announced tour dates for spring of 2017. 

More tour pressings are up for this as well. Makes me wonder how many there will be total and whether or not they'll sell remainders after the tour. Seems like they wouldn't have done that after the US run so they could capitalize on the UK/EU people preordering them as part of the VIP things. 

I also just snagged a copy of DTGL first press last night for $85 shipped.