Underoath - They're Only Chasing Safety / Define the Great Line Tour Repress

tlr

Came in here expecting to see everyone losing their mind over Define the Great Line, and it's a bunch of people stoked on TOCS. That was available for so cheap for quite some time. Even last year I thought copies were going for $20-$30?

It's like $150 last I checked on Discogs, for the HT clear. I got mine on clearance when I started collecting. I had no fucking clue that would be my most valuable record.

Yeah that's actually when underoath became one of my favorite bands for a while. It was that album that exposed me to them and then Super weird to see all the changes that happened after with members, their style of music and overall popularity

Agreed.

TOCS and TCOT are both incredibly unique in what they accomplish. Taking genres of music and combining them in such a cool way.

When Define was announced I was super excited for it, but I remember putting it in my walkman (thats right) and being super let down. It's not that it's a bad album at all, it just doesnt push any boundaries. It sounds like a generic hardcore album.

Nothing like their previous works.

Ugh if only I were into 2LPs back then. I bought TOCS on white for 11$ when it came out and stood in my local record store in 06, DTGL CD in the left and LP in the right hand. Took the CD home and was so happy about not having to change sides three times haha.

So long story short: go fuck yourself with your stupid tour exclusive vip bundles shit and give us decent quality black vinyl represses of your albums. Damn.

I live in South Florida and I've never seen Underoath live. Considering they're a Florida band, I expected at least a couple shows but didn't have high hopes for the tour coming down to SoFla (because almost NO tours come to SoFla; usually never come further South than Orlando). My personal favorite album of theirs is TOCS, so I was completely stoked when the TOCS & DTGL front-to-back tour was confirmed, only to get bitch slapped with only one FL show that is a minimum 4hr drive each way, making it impossible to see. The small consolation prize was the Double Album, "Rebirth" Ltd Ed vinyl. But of course, it seems the only way of obtaining a copy is to buy a VIP ticket to a show or going to a show and trying to buy it from the merch booth at which only God knows what condition they'd be in... As of last week I was looking for a copy of TOCS on vinyl and now there is a new, Ltd Ed arepress on 180g vinyl of my favorite Underoath album (TOCS) and another amazing c Underoath album (DTGL).

I have the $ for the vinyl (and even for tickets, but no way of going to the one Florida tour date in St. Petersburg.