PO: Against Me! - New Wave LP (2015 Reissue - Charity)

Any of you amazon shoppers get this one today? How's the pressing sound/look?

Side note: has anyone ordered from asbestos before? I only got a PayPal receipt with my order, nothing from their website or anything (assuming that's the norm). Should I expect a shipping notification, or will this just show up one day like it's Christmas?

Not complaining, just never ordered here before and didn't know what to expect, a lot of smaller stores do things differently.

Mine says it'll arrive next Wednesday, and I have Prime. Not sure if it's the same for everyone though. You'll get an email when it ships.

Just wondering, is Laura credited as Laura Jane Grace or Tom Gabel with this reissue?

I know that recent RAR pressings still credit her as "Tom Gabel" (though that may be because they haven't reprinted inserts) and the No Idea site still uses "Tom Gabel" on the release page (despite a couple of twitter requests I have seen asking for it to be changed).

I wonder if it was discussed and they decided to keep things the same as the initial pressing and maintain the original credit for posterity sake or what.

Obviously. The album was written and recorded while she was Tom Gabel, it'll always be credited to Tom Gabel. Changing history is a very bad thing...

Obviously. The album was written and recorded while she was Tom Gabel, it'll always be credited to Tom Gabel. Changing history is a very bad thing...

It can be a pretty straight forward or super complex question depending on who you ask, I guess. Most trans folks will say that the person that they became is the person they always were and would prefer credits to be changed to reflect that, however in the eyes of anal retentive Wikipedia/Discogs editor types, they would argue that the credit should remain as it originally appeared on the release.

I mean, if Prince can change his name to whatever the fuck he wants I don't see why Laura can't. I think the earlier releases will always say Gabel because a the time she was Tom Gabel. Transgender issues aside, this has to do with a name change, and I assume it will be treated as such and not retroactively fitted to prior releases. That being said, I think whatever Laura wants to do is fine, it doesn't really affect anybody.

The only reason I found it interesting to ask was that I know she had mentioned on twitter a few times she'd like her name changed on the No Idea site, and the only page she's mentioned on there is for the RAR credits. And if she has said she would like those credits changed, I wonder if that request would be extended to physical releases. Obviously it would be difficult to expect the labels to fix the credit with existing stock, but it would be easy to rectify on new/future pressings.

I just wonder if Laura was asked about that and she said "No, keep the credit as Gabel" or "Eh, I don't mind either way, do what you prefer label guy", or was the question never asked and the credits reproduced exactly as they originally appeared.