Most recently I received my copy of Magnatron from New Retro Wave, an edition of 250, and the disc was scratched on both sides. I sent pictures of the damage and they shipped out a new copy. It's just good sense to hold on to a few, just in case.

What did you think of their "we decided to make this $35 double LP a $35 single LP and forgot to mention it to anyone" move?

What did you think of their "we decided to make this $35 double LP a $35 single LP and forgot to mention it to anyone" move?

I never saw it listed as a double LP to be honest, though it could have been changed at some point. I saw one complaint about it on twitter, and they responded it was never listed as a double LP, and my order confirmation never mentioned it being a double LP either, so I always assumed I was getting a single disc the entire time. This is the second time I've seen that complaint though, which is interesting.

That being said though, I can't say I'm unhappy with it in any way. If I'd thought it was going to be a 2xLP I'd have been bothered, but I'm fine as is. I've paid more for single disc albums and their customer service was excellent. However if they switched out their product with no warning that's a bad sign. I just wouldn't have known about it either way. Sorry if that's not helpful.

Edit: it's also possible I never paid attention to any of that because I buy too many records. So I'm really unhelpful.

Oddworld Test Pressing!

Oddworld_Test1.jpg

Front: http://s25.postimg.org/ylnew5f33/Oddworld_Test3.jpg / Vinyl: http://s25.postimg.org/r4e7gxpjz/Oddworld_Test2.jpg

This just arrived today so I took some pictures!

It's great they decided to make the test pressing stand out from the regular edition.

The symbol on the front and back is Abe's tattoos printed in gold.

Oddworld Test Pressing!

Oddworld_Test1.jpg

Front: http://s25.postimg.org/ylnew5f33/Oddworld_Test3.jpg / Vinyl: http://s25.postimg.org/r4e7gxpjz/Oddworld_Test2.jpg

This just arrived today so I took some pictures!

It's great they decided to make the test pressing stand out from the regular edition.

The symbol on the front and back is Abe's tattoos printed in gold.

Super sad I missed these as I love the look. I fell asleep and came to just barely after they were gone. So bummed.

Should have made the entire pressing run look like that. The standard artwork is pretty pants.

Agreed, I like the art enough, but the test press nailed it.

On a separate note: I just came home to my Everybody's Gone to the Rapture OST on vinyl from Music On Vinyl (At The Movies). Though I have not had a chance to throw it on my turntable yet, just from handling it, and comparing it to my other MOV:ATM release (The Order:1886), I have one huge complaint about MOV/ATM right now: why have they not produced around 800% more video game soundtracks? Because this is so much nicer than what most companies are doing for video game OST's. Seriously though, it's almost upsetting we're not seeing albums like Journey coming in at this quality. Like I said, I haven't played it yet, but if it plays half as well as it looks and feels it's going to be incredible.

On a separate note: I just came home to my Everybody's Gone to the Rapture OST on vinyl from Music On Vinyl (At The Movies). Though I have not had a chance to throw it on my turntable yet, just from handling it, and comparing it to my other MOV:ATM release (The Order:1886), I have one huge complaint about MOV/ATM right now: why have they not produced around 800% more video game soundtracks? Because this is so much nicer than what most companies are doing for video game OST's. Seriously though, it's almost upsetting we're not seeing albums like Journey coming in at this quality. Like I said, I haven't played it yet, but if it plays half as well as it looks and feels it's going to be incredible.

This has me really excited now. Mine finally shipped by the way! Apparently I had placed an order for a "non-colored" version? I didn't even know there were black copies. Anyways, that wasn't in stock yet, so they offered to switch my order over to the "colored" version which was in stock!

Anyways, can't wait to hear this thing.

Really? Like what?

Anything SquareEnix related, for instance, they won't even allow North Americans to view their site. They literally have redirectors set up so that we can't access their site without using workarounds. Things like that is what I was thinking of. Nintendo does similar stuff here.

But I forget how screwed you all get on your VAT and other similar taxes. So pretty much a break on that at best. Actually you're all just getting screwed really.