This just turned up at my door. Same weird packaging as the FF7 release sadly.

Well that's a bummer. How does it sound? I'm hesitant to throw the cash it costs at it any time soon, but I do want it. 

Also, how about some pictures of your guys' collections in here? I'm really curious as to some of the oddities that you all may have. 

I received the Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross records today. Very, very, very beautiful presentation. I haven't listened to the records yet but the quality of the whole thing makes up for the high price. The gatefold is made out of sturdy, yet slim cardboard. I took a few quick pictures of everything.

Only bummer was (as always) SE's packaging. It came in a huge box with some plastic air bags. Thankfully nothing was damaged. I love the note they always put on the receipts (see the last picture) - I wonder if they actually ship any 45€ records out in a jiffy bag.

jeMlkjU.jpg

SRtZYoR.jpg

PCbtuoK.jpg

6T0XT6l.jpg

YIBhqPM.jpg

F0P2sS4.jpg

42ESa5P.jpg

ps: sorry for the picture heavy post... :)

Mine came with a lifetime supply of styrofoam peanuts in a cardboard coffin.

It is a nice package. Rather distressed at how little music is actually on it - it could easily be a single LP (or a 2LP with the full Chrono Trigger SNES soundtrack on the second one). 

Wish they had used this style of gatefold for the FF7/FF8 releases as it is very nice. 

Mine came with an extra side C/D. I assume it was a mistake on their part. Anyone else get an extra record?

I'm assuming the first comment is why:

http://www.discogs.com/Yasunori-Mitsuda-Millennial-Fair-%E3%83%8F%E3%83%AB%E3%82%AB%E3%83%8A%E3%83%AB%E3%83%88%E3%82%AD%E3%83%8E%E3%82%AB%E3%83%8A%E3%82%BF%E3%83%98-Chrono-Trigger-Chrono-Cross-Ar/release/7940666

Oh rad. Thanks for dropping that knowledge bomb on me! I was pretty curious since it looked too nicely packaged to be an everyday error.

Apparently Square Enix is doing a "sweepstakes" to win 1 of 5 copies of the Life Is Strange soundtrack on vinyl.  I already have the "deluxe edition" of the game preordered on PS4 so I guess that automatically qualifies me to be entered, but holy shit.  I guess I can consider this my first legit "white whale" if I don't get one.

Apparently Square Enix is doing a "sweepstakes" to win 1 of 5 copies of the Life Is Strange soundtrack on vinyl. I already have the "deluxe edition" of the game preordered on PS4 so I guess that automatically qualifies me to be entered, but holy shit. I guess I can consider this my first legit "white whale" if I don't get one.

I actually hate this idea. I'd love to own one, but never will unless I win, and if I did win it'd be something I never played for fear of damaging it. I get LE's are cool, but I prefer open editions. That's not even the, "oh he's just mad he won't get one," mentality either, it's just something I think is lame. Make a statue or some other item for a shelf as your prize, records and games are meant to be used. But that's just me, I guess.

Apparently Square Enix is doing a "sweepstakes" to win 1 of 5 copies of the Life Is Strange soundtrack on vinyl. I already have the "deluxe edition" of the game preordered on PS4 so I guess that automatically qualifies me to be entered, but holy shit. I guess I can consider this my first legit "white whale" if I don't get one.

I actually hate this idea. I'd love to own one, but never will unless I win, and if I did win it'd be something I never played for fear of damaging it. I get LE's are cool, but I prefer open editions. That's not even the, "oh he's just mad he won't get one," mentality either, it's just something I think is lame. Make a statue or some other item for a shelf as your prize, records and games are meant to be used. But that's just me, I guess.