DATA005: STREETS OF RAGE 2

Shipping April 2016, Preorders open this Saturday.

Our new release needs little introduction. Widely regarded as one of the greatest and most influential game soundtracks of all time, STREETS OF RAGE 2 remains a towering achievement of the 16bit era. We are extremely proud to be releasing this masterpiece of FM synthesis, composed by Yuzo Koshiro in 1992 and sounding more relevant today than ever.

The audio has been carefully remastered using multiple sources, including the original NEC PC-88 files supplied by Koshiro himself, and packaged in original artwork sourced from the SEGA archives in Japan.

- Double LP in gatefold sleeve
- Includes four bonus tracks of demos, alternate versions and unused compositions
- 2 x lithographic prints featuring archival artwork
- Traditional OBI strip
- Fully remastered in collaboration with and approved by composer Yuzo Koshiro

pegWjO7.jpg

That splatter has got my name all over it.

I also saw on their twitter page that Data Discs are trying to get the rights to something that they've now found out Moonshake released. Possibly Pokemon??

Unlikely to be anything Nintendo related since they focus on Sega. My money is on Ninja Gaiden, which Sean has acquired the licence for.

Unlikely to be anything Nintendo related since they focus on Sega. My money is on Ninja Gaiden, which Sean has acquired the licence for.

I just read it and it does not read that way. It says the title was already bootlegged. Oh hey look at that a legitimate label that could have made something of actual quality, good job Moonshake.

They also mention that it hasn't been sold in stores yet. The way it reads is that it's something already pressed but not reached stores etc, but maybe that's me?

Yep. Something they illegally pressed that hasn't released yet. Would be hilarious if it's Ninja Gaiden and Sean has been lying the whole time.

Here's the conversation, granted Data Discs don't specifically say themselves that it's Moonshake, or that it's Pokemon, but if I were a betting man I'd put money on it being that. If it is Moonshake, what ones didn't actually hit any stores? That will rule a handful out.

https://mobile.twitter.com/datadiscs/status/700214669747884032

Also, I wouldn't rule out a Nintendo release. They've made a good name for themselves so far and the quality of the releases has been very high. They may now have enough of a reputation and contacts to at least get a foot in the door with Nintendo so they can plant a proposal on the right persons desk.