Moonshake email. Tl;dr: it's a Dr Mario 7 inch with a jacket which parodies Dr Dre's Chronic. I'd have gone with Nas'  Illmatic, but what do I know.

IN OTHER NEWS I just approved the test presses on my very first video game vinyl soundtrack release! I'm honest to god stoked about this one - I think y'all are going to really like it. And if it's not a flop, there's a whole lot more in the pipeline. I'll keep you updated but I think we're going to announce on Monday.

23 minutes ago, WalnutSoap said:

IN OTHER NEWS I just approved the test presses on my very first video game vinyl soundtrack release! I'm honest to god stoked about this one - I think y'all are going to really like it. And if it's not a flop, there's a whole lot more in the pipeline. I'll keep you updated but I think we're going to announce on Monday.

Sounds exiting dude! Any chance of a little hint in terms of what console we're talking about here? Or perhaps what "generation"? 

1 hour ago, WalnutSoap said:

HMMM. A clue, eh?

Okay - it's a game that first debuted on the last generation of consoles but has since been ported over to current gen. 

Hell yeah, a 2 for 1 announcement for Red Dead Redemption HD and a soundtrack repress!

(and PC),

Oh. 

Edited by natenomm

15 hours ago, thievedrelic said:

Pretty sure Moonshake is OK to talk about now that he has licensed his stuff.

His stuff isn't licensed. So no. I know what his e-mails said, but so far the titles he's talked about doing licensed releases for are being released by other labels (Snatcher and Ninja Gaiden being released by Ship To Shore and Brave Wave respectively).

30 minutes ago, rpbtz said:

Battlefield 1 will be getting a vinyl soundtrack release early next year: https://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-Original-Soundtrack-Vinyl-Download/dp/B01M8MR9BH/

Thanks! I have a friend who will go crazy for this. It's  £21.99 on Amazon UK at the moment for those that are interested.