This happened with Super Mario World from Select/Start. At least he was classy enough to refund everyone and not hold money hostage. Mr. Raygun needs to admit to himself that he got fucked and that he needs to refund everyone. I feel bad that he obviously took a huge financial hit on this but at the same time I think it’s messed up to go radio silence for months when you knew this was happening.

On 5/26/2019 at 10:36 PM, cantdance said:

This happened with Super Mario World from Select/Start. At least he was classy enough to refund everyone and not hold money hostage. Mr. Raygun needs to admit to himself that he got fucked and that he needs to refund everyone. I feel bad that he obviously took a huge financial hit on this but at the same time I think it’s messed up to go radio silence for months when you knew this was happening.

Is that why I got a refund last week? I'm not on social media or anything so I had no clue. Just accepted it as part of the bootleg life. But I was bummed cause I was looking forward to that sweet yellow vinyl. 

5 minutes ago, The Saint said:

Is that why I got a refund last week? I'm not on social media or anything so I had no clue. Just accepted it as part of the bootleg life. But I was bummed cause I was looking forward to that sweet yellow vinyl. 

Yup. Apparently someone ratted him out and the pressing plant decided they would keep his money and destroy the copies they printed.

1 hour ago, cantdance said:

The refund was from Select/Start on Super Mario World. Raygun never refunded anyone for Mario 64. He claims he's trying to remedy it but really, what could he do at this point? Good luck getting your money, I hope you can!

OHHHH, gotcha. I got my money back from paypal luckily. It was over the 180 days but i guess they were just nice to me. : )

1 hour ago, TheGreatMrY said:

Did you call PayPal? 

Yup. First I filled a claim/dispute online but it was immediately rejected (by email) so I called them. They transferred my once and they told me they couldn't have raygun refund me but they (PayPal) refunded me instead. I'm guessing because I've been with them for like 7 years. I've never had to do this before so maybe that's why? 

Not sure. Either way, I already spent that money on an onzow  zero dust stylus cleaner. Oops.

On 5/29/2019 at 9:30 AM, The Saint said:

If it helps, I believe the 2nd press was gonna be on red. 

On 5/31/2019 at 4:12 PM, Hossy55 said:

If it helps, I believe the 2nd press was gonna be on red. 

He refunded everyone and posted a repress for 10 dollars more then the original that he is lathe cutting himself?

https://selectstartrec.bigcartel.com/product/ssr-004-lathe

Edited by RaptorRick
Edit

There's a 2xLP picture disc (vom) set for the FFVII remake. It's not clear but I think first lp is FFVIIR ost and the second is original ost. Or could be a mix through out. It's weird. Anyway, pre-orders go up go  up July 7th and release January 31, 2020. Pricing is apparently 7777yen.

f8ecz9mdih331.jpg

Also, useless to me, but for folks in the US wanting a copy of 60DOS's great OST to No Man's Sky for CHEEAAAPP $21shipped, then look no further https://lightintheattic.net/releases/4935-no-man-s-sky-music-for-an-infinite-universe-4xlp-edition?fbclid=IwAR2AsYpyWovx5APm1sOdC3XZCKx3ZSFrZpQjhEwghZcmtsgm_tHwR9IDuAc

Edited by whoa

On 5/26/2019 at 7:18 AM, Charles Barkley said:

If you all haven't heard about Raygun... 
""Hello! It's long awaited update time. One of the reasons that it's taken so long is that I hoped that by this point I might have better news. As you might remember, my last update was a screenshot of an email from my pressing plant. My contact at the plant had vanished from existence, and after months of trying to get touch, I heard from a brand new guy. He apologised for the lack of communication and promised that they would fast track the production of the records. That was months ago.

Since then, I've heard nothing from the plant, in spite of repeated emails and phone calls which seem to go to an unmanned phone. Obviously this is not great. At this point, I'm perusing a few options. The first, and the one I'm investing most of my time into are my legal options. Ideally we can get the money back and pass it to a more reputable plant who can press these for us. Another option is that members of this board have offered to visit the plant to see what's up. We are currently weighing this one up right now.

I can only apologise for the the wait that you've all had to deal with. I am devastated that the plant has let us all down this badly. The situation has left me with constant stress and anxiety, and regular sleepless nights. I want you to know, however, that I refuse to leave you all high and dry. This record WILL get pressed. I hope that the four boxes of record sleeves that are currently taking up most of the space in my room will stand as a testament to this promise.

I know what it's like to be let down by labels, and I refuse to do that to you. Once again, I apologise for the wait so far, and if you you give me your understanding, I am very grateful for it. You'll get your records - you have my word.

-Raygun Records"

"You have my word". Yeah, we trust someone who hasn't even released one record yet and is pulling this shit. Get rapt, bro!

• 2 weeks later...

No love for GRIS soundtrack that went on sale today? One of my favorite games of the past year, with a beautiful ambient soundtrack.

Looks like a black deluxe packaging edition was limited to 500 copies and is sold out, but a colored regular version is available.

https://store.iam8bit.com/products/gris-2xlp-vinyl-soundtrack

56 minutes ago, tonyfranciosa said:

No love for GRIS soundtrack that went on sale today? One of my favorite games of the past year, with a beautiful ambient soundtrack.

Looks like a black deluxe packaging edition was limited to 500 copies and is sold out, but a colored regular version is available.

https://store.iam8bit.com/products/gris-2xlp-vinyl-soundtrack

Ordered both versions. Lovely soundtrack.

Newsletter from SL9 said "
We don't want to set the world on fire... but please stand by for some exciting news regarding one of our most highly-requested releases ever! Pre-sale begins Tuesday, July 2nd at SPACELAB9.COM - More details soon!" with a Fallout "please stand by" graphic at the top.

2 hours ago, N8TRU said:

Newsletter from SL9 said "
We don't want to set the world on fire... but please stand by for some exciting news regarding one of our most highly-requested releases ever! Pre-sale begins Tuesday, July 2nd at SPACELAB9.COM - More details soon!" with a Fallout "please stand by" graphic at the top.

Fuck. So are we thinking this is the actual soundtrack to FO3 and not the score? If so...this will be my first record purchase in quite some time. These songs/game mean so damn much to me. 

11 hours ago, mitch5643 said:

Fuck. So are we thinking this is the actual soundtrack to FO3 and not the score? If so...this will be my first record purchase in quite some time. These songs/game mean so damn much to me. 

That would be great but as usual they will probably fuck something up and then never address it or acknowledge the error! Definitely looking forward to the shitshow