The email wasn't 100% clear from Mondo but they said "We also will be releasing the soundtrack 2XLP next week on vinyl, but more info on that to come very soon." The email was in reference to a Halo Infinite poster, but also states they're celebrating the 20th anniversary of Halo. So I'm not sure which one the vinyl will be for. My guess is Infinite.

• 1 month later...

Interesting topic for me: Analog childhood and definitely spent countless hours in front of NES, SNES, Genesis, PS1, and N64, but video games music never really stood out to me for some reason as something to listen to whist doing other shit (not playing the game). 

Fast forward to today, I stream video game content, but still...the music very rarely does anything for me, until I watched a friend of mine stream with the Hades soundtrack on. It was so fucking good. 

Another friend of mine recommended some of the Doom tracks, so I listened on YT. I was searching through some seller's items on discogs or ebay or somewhere and ran into a sealed copy of Doom (2016) and bit the bullet. I've yet to spin it, but it's here and I'm excited.

I would like to eventually pick up the Hades soundtrack if that exists on vinyl. 

On 1/17/2022 at 8:26 AM, Subdomestic said:

I think it's officially been 1 year since I pre-ordered the Scott Pilgrim vs. the World video game soundtrack from Limited Run. I guess there is nothing that can be done about pressing delays and the hold up is with Abkco but still...

Anyone else still waiting?

That company just sucks and that happens to their games too. They constantly delayed their Monkey Island box release date without saying anything to their customers most of the time and I ended up receiving it one year to the day after I ordered it, even though it was supposed to ship in 3ish months.

1 hour ago, phillybhatesme said:

I would like to eventually pick up the Hades soundtrack if that exists on vinyl. 

It does exist actually.  But it’s currently sold out and the people who ordered copies are still waiting to get them.  And that was sometime last year.  I imagine a repress will happen eventually though.

1 hour ago, phillybhatesme said:

Interesting topic for me: Analog childhood and definitely spent countless hours in front of NES, SNES, Genesis, PS1, and N64, but video games music never really stood out to me for some reason as something to listen to whist doing other shit (not playing the game). 

Fast forward to today, I stream video game content, but still...the music very rarely does anything for me, until I watched a friend of mine stream with the Hades soundtrack on. It was so fucking good. 

Another friend of mine recommended some of the Doom tracks, so I listened on YT. I was searching through some seller's items on discogs or ebay or somewhere and ran into a sealed copy of Doom (2016) and bit the bullet. I've yet to spin it, but it's here and I'm excited.

I think it really depends on what clicks with you, and sounds like you know what works for you. Games are cutting edge shit, yet you hear some of the blandest, orchestral splurdges being wallpaper for the game when both really should be marrying together. There are so many great examples of unique OSTs, like the ones you mentioned, but it's because the composer brings their own sound to it; HEALTH's Max Payne, Disasterpeace, Journey OST, GRIS, Silent Hills… It's interesting when you see devs working with popular artists, like Japanese Breakfast and (British) Sea Power, they get something fantastic then. I dunno, I had a pint and I'm at my keyboard!

I figured this is something many people here would geek out over. I saw this on a facebook group about punk records. It's a zeotrope 7" with Super Mario Bros. as one side and Duck Hunt on the other side. The packaging is made to look like the NES game cartridge. I checked but I didn't see this posted anywhere else.

Order link: https://www.paperstreetcuts.com/products/659478-smb-dh-animated-record?fbclid=IwAR3OBvvcbQXVZKJ8fqx_TsmzPYciYx_R7-Gl1VhxY2-5dhp_W-IBYH7026M

Here's a YouTube video of what the animation looks like: 

Photos taken from rarepunkmusic facebook group:

272030245_10224874680072079_340786047651May be a meme of video games and text that says 'MARIO BROS. SUPER ACTION SERIES'No photo description available.May be an image of video gamesNo photo description available.

Edited by jerseypride

• 1 month later...