13 minutes ago, aopps42 said:

Don’t disagree with that at all. Most of the soundtracks I own are because I’m a big fan of the movie/game vs dying to own the music. That said, not much a chest thumper myself/buying for the gram.  The 8-bit stuff is the biggest exception to that for me, I love that. 

I should also clarify that I own a mini stash of soundtracks too, probably enough to occupy ~80% of an Expedit / Kallax cube, but by and large it’s not your Hans Zimmer / orchestrated score stuff.  Not trying to govern what people should or should not buy and enjoy, but I’m pretty strict about buying soundtracks that can stand on their own legs, when I do buy one.  Which is why it’s so smart to jump on those niche OSTs… because you can be damn sure that I’d have no apprehension or seller’s remorse in fetching $700 for an indie game OST.  (Not to say all indie games have forgettable or purely supplemental soundtracks; quite the opposite, actually.)

1 hour ago, aopps42 said:

Holy smokes, $350!  It’s insane what some records have jumped up to these days

I don’t mean to be bleak but I’ve been pondering if there will be a vinyl price crash if a recession comes (likely). I guess it depends on how long it lasts, because at some point all the people holding onto records for a big pay day will try to sell and when there are tons just floating around. There’s a few $100 records that I’m hoping drop to $50 or less. Or even some some of those LOTR box sets that were like $80 and now go for $350. I’d love to grab those at like $120

Edited by MCDELTAT

3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I have no doubt about that.  I think there are people out there who buy and open their vinyl OSTs, sure… but of that group, I wholeheartedly believe that there’s a tiny % that will legitimately sit and listen to all sides of their purchase.  I’ve made this post numerous times on VC – so apologies to anyone who’s had to read it more than once – but so much of OST vinyl is just chest beating and attempts to prove fandom.  That is no doubt true of “regular” vinyl and variant hoarding as well, don’t get me wrong… I just think it’s way more prevalent with any kind of “score” on wax.  But at the end of the day I have to tip my hat to the authentic movie buffs or game enthusiasts who genuinely listen to their purchases.  Because they’re in a sea of folks who keep shit sealed for collectibility (akin to sneaker-flipping hype beasts), or who listen to the first couple of tracks to get to the most iconic bit for an Instagram clip and pic of the variant on their turntable, then onto the next.  I couldn’t be more confident in making those assumptions, sorry / not sorry.

I fall into the category that listens to all the soundtracks they buy. It’s epic as shit to clean your house to terminator 2 and short 8/16-bit soundtracks are always a fun listen   

But on the subject of Hades and Bastion, supergiant consistently repress their shit unless it’s marked limited. My copies of Bastion and Transistor are probably from the 3rd or 4th run of them directly from supergiant

On 6/21/2021 at 3:02 AM, IndigoHollow said:

Pre-order of something that looks like Oxenfree repress. Strange pre-order page at iam8bitHere is my investigation:

1. I splited a gif from the page to frames and saw 4 digits: A, B, C, D. Looks like test press, nothing special. But if you look closer you'll notice that the font of the digits looks like the Oxenfree one from discogs page.

2. Then I looked through the website backend answers and saw that vendor's name is "Night school" which is the developer of Oxenfree.

3. Also we have a morse code on the page which means "CLOSERNOTMUCHLONGR". Not sure how it related to the game.

Btw, any update about this? I think this was promised for early 2022, and I pre-ordered a year ago...

16 minutes ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

Btw, any update about this? I think this was promised for early 2022, and I pre-ordered a year ago...

My advice is to not get your hopes up with iam8bit’s “promise dates.”  I preordered Gravity Falls from them in November of 2020.  Finally got an update February of THIS year saying it’s expected to ship sometime at the end of this year and I’ll even be surprised if that happens.  Pretty crazy.

12 hours ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

Lol yeah this is the weirdest one on my list as well. Technically they are the most open of any label. They have a “Pre-Order Updates” page for every release you can fine at the bottom of their site. But it’s pretty useless because they are all inaccurate. It actually just says “[redacted] 2022” For the pre-order date. https://www.iam8bit.com/collections/pre-order

Edited by MCDELTAT

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Sh_tluck said:

Can't speak to the quality, but I just ordered a couple bootlegs from this person:

https://www.limittill.com/

Pricey, but pretty cool releases.

I will report back once I have them in hand.

These boots are dope! Jet Set?? But I don’t trust giving my card info to a bootleg site; need that PayPal sense of security haha 

1 hour ago, yumplok said:

I would stay far away from limittill. Drop shipped from Kunaki. Just send them your own cd rips and have them cut you the same thing for half the price.

Lol had never heard of them. Are they lathe cutting everything if it's just limited to 1 copy? That'd be... interesting.

Also has to lol at this from their website. https://kunaki.com/vinylrevolution2022.htm
"We also provide you with a virtual record player and virtual vinyl record that lets you see a perfect digital replica of the real record that you can play, review and test before you order."

7 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Lol had never heard of them. Are they lathe cutting everything if it's just limited to 1 copy? That'd be... interesting.

Also has to lol at this from their website. https://kunaki.com/vinylrevolution2022.htm
"We also provide you with a virtual record player and virtual vinyl record that lets you see a perfect digital replica of the real record that you can play, review and test before you order."

I'm unsure if I'm allowed  to give  info but uhm. Iykyk. Stay away.

• 1 month later...