• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Sigh. Still haven’t received my Oxenfree order from them that I ordered 2 years ago. That’s gonna be my permanent record.

Actually the worst company. I remember the Hyper Light Drifter og box taking nearly a year and everyone up in arms about that. All like "we were detailing the jacket" which was a bit shit in the end, let's face it, a box shouldn't feel that fragile after a year of waiting for it.

4 hours ago, whoa said:

Actually the worst company. I remember the Hyper Light Drifter og box taking nearly a year and everyone up in arms about that. All like "we were detailing the jacket" which was a bit shit in the end, let's face it, a box shouldn't feel that fragile after a year of waiting for it.

Gravity Falls PO was a pretty big shit-show from them as well.  I think the wait time was almost 2 years and I don’t think they even showed the actual artwork for it until a month or 2 before it actually shipped

Was it worth the wait though?  I kind of think so.  When it comes to quality, they rarely miss, but man the way they go about things sometimes is pretty awful.  Absolutely no reason to do PO’s for anything with such a crazy wait time.

2 hours ago, Rip said:

Was it worth the wait though?  I kind of think so.

Agreed. Mondo always nailed the jackets but the actual vinyl quality was up in the air. My Rogue One box set from Mondo is by far the worst sounding thing I own now and it was $80. No bad audio flops from iam8bit, so that’s gotta count for something.

51 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Agreed. Mondo always nailed the jackets but the actual vinyl quality was up in the air. My Rogue One box set from Mondo is by far the worst sounding thing I own now and it was $80. No bad audio flops from iam8bit, so that’s gotta count for something.

Only complaint I’ve ever had with iam8bit’s “quality” is the jacket art, but that’s just personal preference.  Of course that doesn’t refer to every release, but some just aren’t as good as they could be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if anyone else will be hyped for this, but there’s a PO up for a 3LP of the “wipE’Out” OST. Lapsus (who did the recent Swayzak reissue) are putting it out so it should be pressed in decent numbers, but there’s a limited version on the bandcamp site for those so inclined.

This is one of those “if you know, you know” releases. Insta-buy for some, easy-pass for others.

https://coldstorage.bandcamp.com/album/wipeout-the-zero-gravity-soundtrack

1 hour ago, cardiac said:

Not sure if anyone else will be hyped for this, but there’s a PO up for a 3LP of the “wipE’Out” OST.

Nice shout out. Haven’t heard of this game or soundtrack but reading the description I might be interested. Love a decent amount of bands in Warp records and their history.

Will load the game up on my Steam Deck and see.

4 hours ago, cardiac said:

Not sure if anyone else will be hyped for this, but there’s a PO up for a 3LP of the “wipE’Out” OST. Lapsus (who did the recent Swayzak reissue) are putting it out so it should be pressed in decent numbers, but there’s a limited version on the bandcamp site for those so inclined.

This is one of those “if you know, you know” releases. Insta-buy for some, easy-pass for others.

https://coldstorage.bandcamp.com/album/wipeout-the-zero-gravity-soundtrack

€39/€45 for a 3LP????? Other labels take note, this is the correct pricing to make people want the thing. This is such a huge part of gaming through the 90s that I insta-copped. Never expected to see this released on vinyl, so well happy to finally own it and to jam it out without having to crash a metal frisbee into a wall.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I think this kinda counts here, Old Gods of Asgard (aka Poets of the Fall) are releasing a "greatest hits" album for their contributions to the Remedy Connected Universe (Alan Wake/Control).  Four already released songs from the games, three from the upcoming Alan Wake sequel, and one just for this album.

Old Gods of Asgard, Rebirth - Greatest Hits, Black 2LP Vinyl – Backstage Rock Shop

Old Gods of Asgard, Rebirth - Greatest Hits, Gold 2LP Vinyl – Backstage Rock Shop

@Rip

2 minutes ago, No This Is Patrick said:

So, I think this kinda counts here, Old Gods of Asgard (aka Poets of the Fall) are releasing a "greatest hits" album for their contributions to the Remedy Connected Universe (Alan Wake/Control).  Four already released songs from the games, three from the upcoming Alan Wake sequel, and one just for this album.

Old Gods of Asgard, Rebirth - Greatest Hits, Black 2LP Vinyl – Backstage Rock Shop

Old Gods of Asgard, Rebirth - Greatest Hits, Gold 2LP Vinyl – Backstage Rock Shop

@Rip

Woaaaah.  So fucking cool.  Wish they would just straight up press the Alan Wake soundtracks though 😔