Not sure if posted. PO tomorrow:

http://store.iam8bit.com/collections/vinyl/products/hero-of-time-2xlp-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time

HeroofTime-Animation.gif

Hero of Time 2xLP (Music from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
$ 40.00

• 2xLP 180-gram vinyl
  • Green & Purple Rupee Vinyl
  • Music by 64-piece Slovak National Symphony Orchestra (recorded live at Studio 1 in Bratislava, Slovakia)
  • Album Art by Ryan Brinkerhoff
  • Includes Digital Soundtrack (sent in Q1 2017)

PRE-ORDER: Dec 9th, 2016, 10:00am PST
Estimated Ship Date:  Q2 2017

Edited by lethalenforcer

2 minutes ago, mitch5643 said:

This is so fucking huge. Is this limited? I may cry if I don't get it.

iam8bit's big preorders lately have seemed to mainly be open. I would imagine this would be the same, especially since it's not shipping for a while and they make no mention of it being limited. Could be wrong, though.

Edit: they just confirmed on Twitter it's an open preorder. So, easy to get.

Edited by lethalenforcer

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

iam8bit's big preorders lately have seemed to mainly be open. I would imagine this would be the same, especially since it's not shipping for a while and they make no mention of it being limited. Could be wrong, though.

Gotcha. I'll be sure to take a break at work as soon as this goes up tomorrow to get it. One of my favorite games/soundtracks of all time.

15 minutes ago, Le Gogh said:

God that looks incredible. 

To be clear, this appears to be the same recording as the kickstarter that went up a month or so ago.

I'll be honest, if they'd have put these mock ups on the kickstarter page I would have jumped straight on it. 

Yup, same one. They announced in one of their backer updates that iam8bit would handle this release.

2 minutes ago, Le Gogh said:

How "open" are these Iam8bit releases normally? Christmas has got my wallet feeling pretty light and I get paid on the 16th. Would rather wait until then... 

It seems like ia8b take orders for quite some time before they even manufacture the records and since Hotline they don't seem to sell out anymore, so I think you're good.

Actually, didn't Transistor sell out as well? At least, I haven't seen it on their web store for a while now anyways. Just kidding,

Have to be honest, the Hero of Time samples aren't really catching my attention. Production quality aside (obviously they are just mockup samples), the arrangements sound too dramatic/cinematic for my taste. It kind of loses the cute and simple charm of the original N64 soundtrack. I wish they approached this more like the Smash Bros Melee orchestra soundtrack "Smashing...Live!" by just taking the exact arrangement (for the most part) but recreating it with orchestral instruments. Artwork is gorgeous though.

Edited by ghost

2 minutes ago, ghost said:

Actually, didn't Transistor sell out as well? At least, I haven't seen it on their web store for a while now anyways.

Have to be honest, the Hero of Time samples aren't really catching my attention. Production quality aside (obviously they are just mockup samples), the arrangements sound too dramatic/cinematic for my taste. It kind of loses the cute and simple charm of the original N64 soundtrack. I wish they approached this more like the Smash Bros Melee orchestra soundtrack "Smashing...Live!" by just taking the exact arrangement (for the most part) but recreating it with orchestral instruments. Artwork is gorgeous though.

Transistor wasn't an iam8bit release, they just did distribution for Supergiant Games who released it themselves. It's still available straight from Supergiant: https://store.supergiantgames.com/collections/transistor-merchandise/products/transistor-original-soundtrack-vinyl

Just now, rpbtz said:

Transistor wasn't an iam8bit release, they just did distribution for Supergiant Games who released it themselves. It's still available straight from Supergiant: https://store.supergiantgames.com/collections/transistor-merchandise/products/transistor-original-soundtrack-vinyl

Ah. that's why! Thanks for clearing that up.

Just got an email from the Kickstarter that shows the front of the album, which is an Ocarina and it stated this:

"features a die-cut ocarina window on the jacket's front, a panoramic gatefold with each folder representing light and darkness, and a gorgeous gold-foil-stamped Triforce on the back cover."

I'm unbelievably excited to own this.

This new Iam8bit "Updates" page is great and all, but some explanation of the delays would be nice. My friend ordered me and him a copy of Ori, which was supposed to ship in November.  Now this page says January and with no actual reason. 

http://iam8bit.com/updates

4 hours ago, Le Gogh said:

This new Iam8bit "Updates" page is great and all, but some explanation of the delays would be nice. My friend ordered me and him a copy of Ori, which was supposed to ship in November.  Now this page says January and with no actual reason. 

http://iam8bit.com/updates

Yeah, fuck that. It's a goddamn shame that iam8bit is really one of the only companies doing video game soundtracks consistently. They get so many high profile releases that I'm into, but I'm tired of the waiting and the delays. For that reason, I'm hesitant to order Ocarina of Time because I know I'll be waiting another six months until I can spin it. The half-year waits for these soundtrack just don't make sense to me.