2 minutes ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

My copy of the Nier box set also arrived a bit scruffy but thankfully it was just the plastic sleeve. Though I agree that they need to ensure better packaging for the prices they’re charging for those boxsets.

Exactly. This wasn't some $20 indie release for Bandcamp. I'm usually reasonable about goofy stuff like seam splits, ring wear, even missing inserts and whatnot, but if you're gonna charge a premium for a limited edition item you could at least put a little elbow grease into securing the damn thing. 

My Chrono record finally arrived today and I have been pretty worried after some of the things I've seen about SE's shipping. There's been some scary pictures of badly bent records on reddit. Sorry to see yours got messed up too.

Mine was actually well wrapped in bubble wrap and the shipping box was stuffed with brown paper so the record didn't shift or rattle around. Guess I got lucky.

But speaking of Chrono, does anyone know anything about a 4LP box that came out earlier this year? It's a bootleg (but a gorgeous bootleg) that I gather was distributed through some private Facebook group. I will probably never get a copy but I am really interested in this set.

On 8/20/2020 at 1:40 PM, Michaelgetsboss said:

I wanna grab III. Site won’t load for me though. I’ll have to try when I get home. 

16 hours ago, Subdomestic said:

But speaking of Chrono, does anyone know anything about a 4LP box that came out earlier this year? It's a bootleg (but a gorgeous bootleg) that I gather was distributed through some private Facebook group. I will probably never get a copy but I am really interested in this set.

There's a cool interview with the creator here: http://videogamegrooves.com/2020/08/08/interview-chrono-trigger-box-set/

There's also an accompanying podcast talking about it but the hosts are pretty damn insufferable and it doesn't have the creator on it. Aside from that it's obviously from one of those private Facebook groups, I don't have any information on it unfortunately. If you want it enough there are people selling it. I managed to get one but it did cost an arm and a leg. Depends on how badly you want it I guess.

2 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Some times stuff sells out and the price skyrockets.  Some times stuff sits on the shelf and you have to clearance it out.

It's not a fuck you to anyone.  

I think the preorders being on sale is kind of shitty I preordered the kingdom hearts one and it doesn’t ship until November and it’s on sale?

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

Some times stuff sells out and the price skyrockets.  Some times stuff sits on the shelf and you have to clearance it out.

Preorders shouldn’t be sitting around.  If they were then they wouldn’t be preorders.

Edited by Rip

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

they're discounting pre-orders dating back to November of last year. so yeah, it is a fuck you to people who pre-ordered early on.