Trust me, you're absolutely underestimating how difficult it is to deal with Nintendo on anything relating to licensing. If it's Pokemon, I'll be EXTREMELY surprised.

You're probably right, I think I'm just WISHING it would be Pokemon Data Discs could do something amazing with it, and it could lead to more Nintendo releases.

On reflection, Ninja Gaiden is probably what they're referring to, as you've said. Any idea who would likely own the rights to it?

You're probably right, I think I'm just WISHING it would be Pokemon Data Discs could do something amazing with it, and it could lead to more Nintendo releases.

On reflection, Ninja Gaiden is probably what they're referring to, as you've said. Any idea who would likely own the rights to it?

Tecmo/Koei owns Ninja Gaiden. Not that I could say, but from past experience I would absolutely not be surprised if they licensed it to Daigle. While a lot of people say/think corporations are sue happy, there are clear examples of game companies licensing unofficial works in the past. For instance Capcom bucked the trend when they sent lawyers to Mega Ran to make sure he was legit and licensed (he sometimes talks about this at concerts), and Capcom also had well known bootleggers of "repro" games, Timewalk Games (now defunct) make their Ducktales HD press kits for sure. I think also had TW make their Mega Man 9 press kit, but I'm not sure. Now, to be fair, that's not common, for sure, but some companies honestly don't care about this sort of behavior. They're the exception, not the rule, obviously, but it does happen.

Now, maybe it is Ninja Gaiden, I don't know, but to single that one out seems kind of unlikely, but they did say it was one not sold yet, which rules out all the other bootleg releases from him. So I have to say it's possible.

Also if talking about licensing and previous precedents is too close to talking about bootleg releases, especially as I'm not supporting buying them or linking them, other than simply pointing out other examples of illegitimate titles getting legitimate licensing, then please, Mods, PM me and I'll take this down. This isn't me making a discussion about bootlegging so much as it is how some companies, one in particular, have handled their IP's in the past.

Ruining another thread over Moonshake? Come on bros. With all due respect to DataDiscs I don't know why they should feel so slighted about this? If anything, them being legit would actually have more people buying their records.

Yeah, totally lol. Why should someone be mad that what took them months or years of work, emails, phone calls, approvals, art direction was done by someone else in a week with a cover scribbled in crayon with no approvals or licensing that has already saturated the market.

What a bunch of entitled jerks!

I'm not talking about Moonshake.

I'm talking about how it's silly that someone can't understand how a bootleg being released before a licensed version of the same record will hurt sales, and subsequently the company that got the license to sell the record.

Everyone is always saying some shit like:

NO MORE TALKING ABOUT BOOTLEGS AFTER THIS POINT

(But, before I end this post let me just say I see nothing wrong with bootlegs and there is no way they hurt actual record sales so what's the big deal??")

Then they get mad when someone responds and tries to explain what the big deal is lol  :rolleyes: