damn, for a hot second I thought I was talking to rational, thinking human beings who could maybe see the reasoning in what I was trying to say without having to be leap-frogged by lugging a mod into it.

but thanks for your contribution to the discussion

It's because we can't control that. If we start a new thread talking about those records, the mods will still take it down for bootleg discussion on VC.

damn, for a hot second I thought I was talking to rational, thinking human beings who could maybe see the reasoning in what I was trying to say without having to be leap-frogged by lugging a mod into it.

but thanks for your contribution to the discussion

The Mods shut down discussion in Version 1 of this thread, which is stupid (in my opinion) bootlegs have been a part of the music industry for decades. 

4 new releases revealed from Data Discs! :)

http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/24/9395865/shinobi-3-streets-of-rage-2-soundtracks-vinyl-sega

Shinobi 3: Return of the Ninja Master

Includes 22 tracks captured directly from a Japanese Model 1 Mega Drive (AV Intelligent Terminal, VA5 with stereo output mod) and remastered for vinyl.

Super Hang-On

This will include 7 songs sourced directly from the 1987 arcade game.

For 2016 we are getting Streets of Rage 2 and Out Run on vinyl.

Feels like it hasn't been said in at least a page or two so...

Jet set/grind radio when?? One of the only games I remember having a distinct soundtrack, along with THPS and crazy taxi

It's also definitely something I would listen to more than once as opposed to having it sit on my shelf forever like most movie/game soundtracks :-(

Feels like it hasn't been said in at least a page or two so...

Jet set/grind radio when?? One of the only games I remember having a distinct soundtrack, along with THPS and crazy taxi

It's also definitely something I would listen to more than once as opposed to having it sit on my shelf forever like most movie/game soundtracks :-(

Absolutely agree on Jet Set Radio - I hope Data Discs presses it - or someone! THPS and Crazy Taxi are favorites too. 

The new Data Disc releases are showing in the store, but obviously not for sale yet. Need me those split versions, they look great! Will definitely be picking both of them up:

Shinobi 3 - http://data-discs.com/products/shinobi3

Super Hang-On: http://data-discs.com/products/data004-tba