UK vinyl deals

allenh

On 18.1.2017 at 2:58 PM, LPancakes said:

elliott smith - either/or £6.74 pre-order +mp3s on amazon. not sure if legit but ive given it a go

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00004WWQW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Weird that they don't show any release date. There will be a new Expanded Edition in May on double LP but I don't think it's this one. And there is the same Vinyl for 20.12£... Did you get any update from Amazon on the release date?

7 hours ago, Vince Ives said:

Ha, same! Maybe we should've all ordered the CD version to begin with, they might have sent the record.

I'm expecting an email in a day or two when they realise what they've done, asking for the CD back or for me to pay for it. I haven't even opened it for that reason.

On 1/27/2017 at 2:14 PM, Recon said:

Weird that they don't show any release date. There will be a new Expanded Edition in May on double LP but I don't think it's this one. And there is the same Vinyl for 20.12£... Did you get any update from Amazon on the release date?

yeah its still up as well so im not sure what the deal is. no update really, it just says delivery date pending

edit: amazons updated the estimated delivery date to 15th-27th february

Edited by LPancakes

1 hour ago, noone said:

I'm not going to even attempt a link, but Amazon UK has Stephen Malkmus' S/T on PO (no date specified) for £10.28.  Came to $14.55 delivered to US after they removed the VAT.

This one?:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stephen-Malkmus-VINYL/dp/B000056SX8

3 hours ago, Vince Ives said:

I've basically given up on buying records for the moment as the prices are just silly now (also I have a serious problem with buying too many guitar pedals), so this thread is keeping me going. Great work everyone, the last few finds have been brilliant.

im in the same boat, its getting too much. i can only justify buying new if theres some kind of deal or promotion on.

• 3 weeks later...

Not technically a deal, but the Dream Wife EP01 12" has just been given a third and final repress, each of 300. Resident still have the second repress on baby blue in stock for £7.99.

dreamw-230x230.jpg

http://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&path=20334&product_id=43006

Edit:  Looks like I updated their website for them, payment cancelled and now out of stock.

Edited by Roandy55
Updated info.

Just picked up The Beatles - Abbey Road for £9.99. 

It is part of a new magazine subscription to collect all of The Beatles albums. The first issue is Abbey Road and is £9.99.

You should be able to find it in supermarkets / newagents.

https://www.deagostini.com/uk/collections/beatles-vinyl-collection/

6 hours ago, Skacel said:

It is part of a new magazine subscription to collect all of The Beatles albums. The first issue is Abbey Road and is £9.99.

I'm sure many will have seen this advertised on TV.  23 issues are currently planned for the series. Each single album issue will cost £9.99 and every double/triple album issue will cost£24.99. Doesn't seem too bad individually but at one issue every fortnight it's a bit of an expensive commitment to go the whole route, plus they ask for 28 days notice to cancel. Unless it's maybe possible to place a subscription via a newsagents.

I imagine quite a few copies will turn up on ebay however.

Edited by Roandy55

On 3/5/2017 at 0:15 PM, Skacel said:

picked this up yesterday. i was sceptical at first just because i thought it would be shitty quality but im really impressed, its a nice package. the triple albums are great value, aswell as 1 which is usually around £30. can you buy each issue as individually as opposed to subscribing?

On 3/5/2017 at 0:15 PM, Skacel said:

picked this up yesterday. i was sceptical at first just because i thought it would be shitty quality but im really impressed, its a nice package. the triple albums are great value, aswell as 1 which is usually around £30. can you buy each issue as individually as opposed to subscribing?

13 hours ago, LPancakes said:

I think you can. I don't know if the supermarkets / newsagents will stock every issue but they might order specific ones for you. Or you could try the deagostini webstore.

It's always worth asking, newsagents may be able to order individual copies on a one-off basis. Other part works I've seen are usually strongly discounted for the first issue then the price is bumped up, so newsagents rarely bother to stock the later issues, but this doesn't seem to have happened here. Prices for single albums look to be consistent throughout.

On 05/03/2017 at 6:17 PM, Roandy55 said:

I'm sure many will have seen this advertised on TV.  23 issues are currently planned for the series. Each single album issue will cost £9.99 and every double/triple album issue will cost£24.99. Doesn't seem too bad individually but at one issue every fortnight it's a bit of an expensive commitment to go the whole route, plus they ask for 28 days notice to cancel. Unless it's maybe possible to place a subscription via a newsagents.

I imagine quite a few copies will turn up on ebay however.

I got Abbey Road already (despite already owning a copy) yesterday. Seems to be the exact same as the 2009 remastered copy I have! Sounds great and very impressed with the artwork and disc, etc. I too thought it'd be a cheaply pressed copy, but seems legit.

Btw, £9.99 is the introductory offer price. Future single albums will be £17.99 - which I still think is a pretty good deal considering they're at least £20 in HMV or Fopp or wherever - and £25 for double and triple albums is an absolute steal!

Can't wait to collect them all. I feel about 8 again when I collected all the editions of that dinosaur magazine to make a glow-in-the-dark Tyrannosaurus Rex! :D