It's BABY TIME

• 5 months later...

So, update. We had our baby! Ada was born Feb 11 at 3:10pm, and 3 and a 1/2 weeks early. She's totally awesome. Though I'd share a few pics:

About an hour old:

2qs6rf9.jpg

Today after her bath:

351y1rt.jpg

Yesterday with my mom:

28v7qx5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congrats! Fatherhood has forced me to slim down my hobbies, and along with brewing beer, collecting and listening to records is perfect. My son loves listening to music. I constantly have something spinning while we play together.

The biggest challenge was teaching him not to touch my records or gear, but that's gone surprisingly well. My wife went to put on a record a while back, and he ran over saying, "No, no, no. Da da's records!"

You might have to cut down on time spent with other interests, but your records will endure and become something you share with your child.

Thanks for all the well wishes! I can't believe Ada is almost 7 weeks old already!!

Bumping this thread as my wife and I welcomed baby Elliott into the world this morning.

Congrats dude! Elliott was the boy name we had picked out! Are you a False Cathedrals fan? 

Congrats! Fatherhood has forced me to slim down my hobbies, and along with brewing beer, collecting and listening to records is perfect. My son loves listening to music. I constantly have something spinning while we play together.

The biggest challenge was teaching him not to touch my records or gear, but that's gone surprisingly well. My wife went to put on a record a while back, and he ran over saying, "No, no, no. Da da's records!"

You might have to cut down on time spent with other interests, but your records will endure and become something you share with your child.

I've really stopped buying records, mostly due to the shitty exchange rate and shipping charges, but there's been many a night that Ada and I have "danced" (me holding her and dancing/swaying) to some of my favourites in my collection.