PO - Say Anything ...Is A Real Boy 10 Year Anniversary Vinyl

when i saw this thread, i honestly thought it was a mistake.

also: it's a dickload of money, but given that the 2nd most limited variant is $65, and the test press pack with the most limited variant is $120... they're basically throwing in a test press for less than the cost of a retail variant. for anyone who's into that shit, it's hard to justify not getting it.

although -- and correct me if i'm wrong -- it seems like they actually ran 100 fucking test presses to make 100 bundles. sooo that's crazy.

edit: and uhhhh... we're now more than 11 years removed from IARB, not 10, right?

edit #2: and they just copy-pasted the description text from the original press... "The first 2500 units also include a bonus 7-inch" when they definitely pressed 1,000 this time

at first i actually thought this was a 2xLP and they pulled on over on us, having us buy the 10" before the 12" came out. but nope, another 12" set. i dont understand why they would basically do the same quantities again.

Exactly. I wanna go ahead and say everyone who wanted the 10" set got it the first time around...

I feel terrible for Say Anything variant collectors right now.

Haha wow what a joke this has become. Have been just fine w/ the 2xLP.

I don't even like any of those variants. Didn't like the lastest bunch either.

i thought one of the splatter variants looked really, really good with the album art's color palette. and it actually didn't match the mockup at all. other than that, i agree. and these ones are worse.

there are so many variants they're running out of colors to use. so glad i got out of the variant game. really hard to purge at the time but i haven't lost sleep over it since.

i thought one of the splatter variants looked really, really good with the album art's color palette. and it actually didn't match the mockup at all. other than that, i agree. and these ones are worse.

there are so many variants they're running out of colors to use. so glad i got out of the variant game. really hard to purge at the time but i haven't lost sleep over it since.

Yeah I can't even imagine collecting variants. It's all I can do to own most of the records I love, let alone think about owning every variant released of that album.

I have the 2xLP Oxblood w/ White Splatter. It looks nice. 4x10" kind of seems like a hassle. I'm sure the aesthetics will be nice and all, but it's just seems like a gimmick. Look at that price!

I wonder how many different pressings + variants are available for this now.

I wonder how many different pressings + variants are available for this now.

1st press

black/green /1000

2nd press

white /1000

3rd press

orange /1000

4th press

oxblood /1000

oxblood splatter /250

green splatter /250

black /250

blue /300

5th press

box set #1 /100

#2 /200

#3 /300

#4 /500

#5 /1400

6th press

box set #1 /100

#2 /200

#3 /300

#4 /400

2xLPs = 5,050

4x10s = 3,500

total = 8,550 excluding test presses

also, doing this off the top of my head so i may have missed one. but i think it's all accurate