[PO NOW] Wildhoney - Your Face Sideways [Topshelf Records]

anyone wanna sell/trade me the /100 version of this? not sure how I missed it, but I did. any help would be appreciated.

Topshelf sent me an email last night and I grabbed one, still some in the store.

http://www.topshelfrecords.com/products/553695-wildhoney-your-face-sideways

If you have a duplicate EP cassette, or know where I might snag one, I would consider us even Steven :)

Any of my friends in Seattle or Portand (or any leg of the tour) going to see them?

They tweeted about just getting in some cassettes of this album for tour, which I will gladly advance you funds + shipping + extra for a beer or two. Anyone, Anyone?

I'm too lazy to look, but when are they hitting Portland? I can maybe help you out if nothing else interferes. I hear you're a pretty solid homie.

I'm too lazy to look, but when are they hitting Portland? I can maybe help you out if nothing else interferes. I hear you're a pretty solid homie.

Wow, thanks!   Looks like they are opening for La Dispute at the Wonder Ballroom Monday, November 16th.  That may or may not be a good thing?

Also for anyone into tapes (they don't sound as good as vinyl obviously, but they are from my era, and I just don't play my 7's that much) - Nebraskan Coast has a Compilation tape of 2 EP's and also Sleep Through It for $6 each and $3 shipping, not bad.

Still will track down Sleep Through It on wax, being late to the party once again. 

edit: http://nebraskancoast.bigcartel.com/

Most labels don't reimburse return shipping but usually give you an extra thing to make up for it. Topshelf isn't amazon

It's more that they wanted an unplayable record shipped back to them in the first place...

Topshelf didn't offer/do shit for me except ask for 7 photos (I sent them 3 the first time I said there was an issue, then they wanted more photos, and asked me to play the record and send them a video. Thanks but no thanks, not running my stylus over the issue I was having.) and still act like they didn't believe me that something was pressed into my record.

They then told me to ship it back to them even though it's unplayable. I was pissed enough that I asked them to donate the extra $3 and whatever shipping it back to them costs to the charity that part of the cost of this variant of record went to. I never once asked for or actually expected return shipping, but like I said, shipping back a record that is going to fuck up someone's needle seems pointless.

This is my second order through them, and the second time I've gone through the same bullshit. (First order I placed with them, the record came incredibly warped)

I know it's blasphemous to shit on them around these parts, and I support the hell out of other small labels (looking at you STB, still the best label around) but Topshelf has been complete garbage to me, and "Robbie" who answered my emails can suck my dick.

Tldr: if it's an issue that renders the record unplayable, why ask for it back in the first place? That makes my record cost ~$4 more than it should have.

/rant

Weird. Topshelf has never been anything but helpful. Maybe they got a new customer service guy? I bet Kevin or Seth will pop in here and make things right. Hopefully they haven't completely lost you, because I don't think many people have ever had this problem with them. Bummer.

Weird. Topshelf has never been anything but helpful. Maybe they got a new customer service guy? I bet Kevin or Seth will pop in here and make things right. Hopefully they haven't completely lost you, because I don't think many people have ever had this problem with them. Bummer.

They have lost me, unfortunately. I'm over them, which is a bummer because I do like a decent number of their bands.

I'm just used to the level of customer service that I have to provide to my clients, so when I feel like someone is providing sub-par CS, I get pretty butthurt over it. The treatment I feel that I've gotten from them has been beyond sub-par to just plain poor.

someone trashing Topshelf? on VC? no way.

seriously though, chill out I'm sure they have good reasoning for their responses, or yea it could be a new guy

Telling someone to "chill out" when they've calmly explained why they're having an issue is a good way to get told to "fuck off." So...Yeah, do that.

Edit: and I didn't even "trash" them, I just explained what happened and that they'd lost me as a customer due to the way I was treated. (though I clearly don't like "Robbie")

Telling someone to "chill out" when they've calmly explained why they're having an issue is a good way to get told to "fuck off." So...Yeah, do that.

Edit: and I didn't even "trash" them, I just explained what happened and that they'd lost me as a customer due to the way I was treated. (though I clearly don't like "Robbie")

I'm saying to chill because TS isn't the type of label to take advantage of someone on purpose. I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt because they have always respected this community and their customers, so I find it likely that you could be exaggerating the exchange between your emails. Not dismissing you, just saying you should really consider not "not supporting" over 2 incidents.

please shoot me an email on the side so I can try to help you out here. seth at topshelfrecords dot com. I'm happy to help get to the bottom of this and solve your problem. Chances are Robbie couldn't see the damage from the original photos you sent which is why he asked for more. Depending on the damage or issues that someone has we will typically ask for a video to help us see/hear the problem. Believe it or not we get a lot of people who email us saying "___" is wrong and just ask us to send them a new record with no proof or anything and never respond to any questions that we have for them when trying to help. We've also had people send us videos playing records in the wrong RPM or trying to play a record on an etched side, so once we got those they were simple fixes and had nothing to do with us. I'm sure you can understand, as someone who deals with customer service, that there are a lot of vague requests/problems out there and it's important to be thorough when you can.

well I am looking forward to getting my copy of this. hopefully packed well enough to not get damaged. I know topshelf doesn't ever use any sort of extra padding. just a mailer, which many times has the record loosely placed inside so that it moves around a ton in shipping. may make sense to get some cardboard stiffeners for inside the packages.

if I ordered a wildhoney shirt with my record, would it have been sent yet or are you guys waiting on shirts?