Messenger Bag Recommendations

I mostly bring a messenger bag with my laptop and a bit of paperwork around for work, but mine is just totally done, so I'm looking for something new.  Anyone have one they really like?

Some preferences:

-under $100

-possibly orderable/available in canada

-doesn't need to be leather

-don't care about colour 

-fits a 13 inch laptop

-shoulder strap rather than just a handle

In the past I would have to buy a new messenger back every one to two years. It was frustrating and a waste of money. I finally kicked down for a Chrome bag http://www.chromeindustries.com/us/en/bags/messenger-bags/citizen-messenger-bag

I will most likely never have to buy a bag again. 

This was definitely helpful. The messenger bag at United by Blue is really sweet looking - and pretty reasonably priced. I realized that maybe black leather is just not my thing, and that's all I was seeing at a lot of department stores.

There's a Timbuk2 store in Toronto that I think I'll check out. They look really practical and durable. My wife suggested that I should make sure it looks professional - I'm a teacher but I'm working as a special education consultant, so I go school to school and I know that first impressions are important.

I have a 5.11 Tactical Rush 24 backpack that is 9 kinds of indestructible.

5.11 mostly makes stuff for loony preppers and military types, but it's all extremely well constructed and reasonably priced.  They have several messenger bags, I think this one matches your description most closely:

http://www.511tactical.com/rush-delivery-mike.html