PO: No Sleep Records 2016 Subscription - /120 180 Gram gold.

Jetboy

1 hour ago, TheWindBlower said:

Looks like the first(?) release for this year's sub will be Departures' new LP. PO goes up later today, as well.

Looks more like they are distroing 200 of the 500 seafoam green copies for Holy Roar. I suppose there's a chance he talked them into pressing a gold variant for the poor souls in this year's sub.

edit: On top of that they are (currently?) only selling a bundle with the CD for $23 plus shipping so it's really not even that much cheaper than ordering from across the pond.

Edited by dantheriver

Took a little to actually answer my email and on then I was not around much this weekend but I have an update. He didn't give me much info but said they are working on it and there are two (pretty crumby) options. The first option Chris offered was to wait it out and trust them. The second option I was given was to get a store credit.  There was no offer of money back. I've been subscribing for a few years so I really don't need to buy anything from their store so I was bummed to hear that is basically the only option for "money back." 

I think these went up in November so it should be out of PayPal's 6 month window now, must be why he isn't offering cash refunds anymore. Hopefully if he actually does have some plan to start releasing music again he plans to extend the current subscriptions well beyond the end of the year. I think previous year's usually got around 20 releases and so far this year they've received one.

• 1 month later...

This label is a huge reason I started collecting records in the first place. I discovered all those "wave" bands and got onto collecting Wonder Years shit, which turned into collecting vinyl. Can't believe the turn the label made. It's hilarious that they promote their eBay auctions "on a friend's eBay account." And still make B&C shirts and the like.

22 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

This label is a huge reason I started collecting records in the first place. I discovered all those "wave" bands and got onto collecting Wonder Years shit, which turned into collecting vinyl. Can't believe the turn the label made. It's hilarious that they promote their eBay auctions "on a friend's eBay account." And still make B&C shirts and the like.

I'm not sure what the angle is on those eBay auctions. Chris used to have no issue selling tests and whatever else via his own account. Maybe he got a bunch of bad feedback or something.

Just now, dantheriver said:

LI'm not sure what the angle is on those eBay auctions. Chris used to have no issue selling tests and whatever else via his own account. Maybe he got a bunch of bad feedback or something.

I'm thinking he can't use his PayPal because of the label's mess. If PayPal will keep his money, it's not worth it to sell off his prized shit to pay you guys back. 

When the special release with Matt Pryor or whoever it was supposed to be never came in 2014 I should've jumped ship. Moose Blood, Departures, or B&C could've been slightly redeeming this year but the Departures situation is unfortunate and the other 2 bands were smart enough to get away from the label finally. 

1 minute ago, AndrewSS said:

the Departures situation is unfortunate

Whatchu mean by this? I've yet to preorder their new LP and was going to do it through No Sleep, just because domestic shipping and stuff. Is there a reason I shouldn't besides them having no subscription releases this year? Are they not fulfilling any orders?

Just now, TheWindBlower said:

Whatchu mean by this? I've yet to preorder their new LP and was going to do it through No Sleep, just because domestic shipping and stuff. Is there a reason I shouldn't besides them having no subscription releases this year? Are they not fulfilling any orders?

I mean that they aren't giving this release to subscribers because No Sleep didn't actually press it. It was their UK label. No Sleep is just distributing them digitally in the US and has some copies of the vinyl from the UK up on Merchnow. One would think No Sleep would owe it to their subscribers to get us each a copy but I won't be surprised when this label is eventually dead and buried 

22 hours ago, AndrewSS said:

I mean that they aren't giving this release to subscribers because No Sleep didn't actually press it. It was their UK label. No Sleep is just distributing them digitally in the US and has some copies of the vinyl from the UK up on Merchnow. One would think No Sleep would owe it to their subscribers to get us each a copy but I won't be surprised when this label is eventually dead and buried 

Right on. I might just go through the UK label because of this whole subscription thing. It's real bullshit that so many people are getting stiffed on this.