The Black Queen - Fever Daydream

daegor

Greg from Dillinger and Joshua from Telefon Tel Aviv, plus a bunch of talented visual artists (and probably some more musical guests?) make The Black Queen.

Kinda chill new wave shit, I really dig it:

They've released two 12" singles, a cassette, and set sets of VSH tapes so far.  A full album is due at an unspecified time (which I think will be December 25th, due to a FB post).

I figure I may as well keep all of the material related to their debut album in one way or another in this post, I'll update if they release any more singles or anything.

TBQ000

cassettemmxv.jpg

FEVER DAYDREAM CASSETTE MMXV

33 cassettes with a 33 minute ambient loop titled "Fever Daydream" on each side, sent to 33 people for free. Changes pitch and tempo slowly over it's duration. Also used as the bed ambience in "The End Where We Start." Not the same as the "Fever Daydream" LP.

$0.33 - http://store.theblackqueen.com/product/fever-daydream-cassette-mmxv

SOLD OUT

TBQ001

tumblr_nq3r3bYDs11qc6132o1_500.jpg

THE END WHERE WE START (LIMITED 12" SINGLE)

Limited to 233 individually hand numbered copies. This was the only pressing. Black 12" vinyl in a jacket featuring original artwork by Jesse Draxler. Songs written and produced by The Black Queen. Executive producer Justin Meldal-Johnsen. Photography by J Whitaker.

A1 "The End Where We Start"

B1 "The Still Point of My Turning World"

Included instant digital download of "The Still Point of My Turning World" in AAC format. This was the only time this song was available digitally or physically. Estimated ship date: October 17th

$15.00 - http://store.theblackqueen.com/product/the-end-where-we-start-12-single

SOLD OUT

TBQ002

image1.JPG

V H S

Three unique VHS's. One each mailed to three random owners of the "The End Where We Start" shirt. Contents of the V H S are as of now only known to recipients. Disclosure to others is encouraged.

$3.33 - http://store.theblackqueen.com/product/vhs

SOLD OUT

TBQ003

ICECOVER.jpg

ICE TO NEVER (LIMITED 12" SINGLE)

Limited to 233 individually hand numbered copies. Black 12" vinyl. Songs written and produced by The Black Queen. Executive producer Justin Meldal-Johnsen. Photography by J Whitaker. This will not be pressed again.

A1 "Ice To Never (12" Version)

B1 "Ice To Never (12" Extended Dance Mix)"

Estimated ship date: November 21st.

$15.00 - http://store.theblackqueen.com/product/ice-to-never-limited-12-single

SOLD OUT

TBQ004

image1.JPG

VHS 2 - ITN

Three VHS tapes containing the "Ice To Never" video and extra footage. One each mailed to three random people.

Disclosure to others and uploading is encouraged.

There is more to these than what is on the screen. Don't forget to rewind.

SOLD OUT

TBQ005
a1373092198_16.jpg
Fever Daydream (2xLP)

Full length gatefold 2xLP, hand numbered copies. 

Includes digital pre-order of Fever Daydream.

Variants:
Black - Standard Cover - Limited to 1,000 hand numbered (SOLD OUT)
Clear - Alternate Cover - Limited to 250 hand numbered (SOLD OUT)

Alternate Cover:
0006499660_16.jpg

TBQ006
a3143771581_10.jpg
SECRET SCREAM 12"

12" single on black vinyl. Limited to 466 hand numbered copies. This will never be pressed again.

Side A:
Secret Scream (12" Extended Mix)
Secret Scream Side
B:
Secret Scream (12" Extended Mix) Instrumental
Secret Scream (12" Extended Mix) Acapella

Original artwork by Jesse Draxler. Engraving on each side of vinyl reads "I need to get you in"

Edited by daegor

• 2 months later...

Sorry, I ordered both singles but am keeping them.

Excited to hopefully hear the full release soon. I feel they have dragged this on a bit too long and have lost some momentum; especially considering the first song came out over 5 months ago and we still don't have a release date.

I think part of the stall was the vinyl delay, they've been very deliberate with their releases and I think they don't want to move forward until they've fulfilled previous orders.

I think part of the stall was the vinyl delay, they've been very deliberate with their releases and I think they don't want to move forward until they've fulfilled previous orders.

I don't mind them taking care to fulfill previous orders (mind you, mine had huge seam splits on both the outer and inner sleeves and it's not like they are have replacements for a 233 edition... oh well); but give us a tracklist, a release date, anything to wet the appetite. The news of this colab came out at the end of March last year, with an album announcement in June. Since then we have heard three songs (one instrumental). I just feel they have lost some momentum and hype they had in the summer. 

That being said, I believe this entire project is DIY, so I just need to learn to be patient. :)

As a fellow Canadian, as you also paying out the ass for those singles to be shipped up North?

You know it!

It's what turned me off of the first single, I was too cash strapped at the time to be able to justify the cost.

I kind of regret buying both at deluxe LP prices, but the 'limited to 233' was too sticky to pass up. I'll revaluate the purchase when the full length comes out.

Really hope they ship the inner outside the outer sleeve for the next set of wax. 

• 2 weeks later...

That's what I would guess. Any hope of a bundle of some sort going up anywhere, or do you guys think this is all there will be?

It seems as though everything they've released so far has been planned very precisely, so I would guess that this is all that we will see for now. If you read the email release that preceded the album PO, it almost seems as though they were reluctant to even release the album. I can foresee them maintaining this very minimal PO/album release.

This is all a DIY release so I doubt there will be widespread distribution, bundles or deluxe edition. I also assume it is black wax, although I would of preferred something a little more special for a limited to 1000 first run. That being said, I am pumped and I assume this will eventually sell out.

Ordered fo sho.

• 3 weeks later...

Grabbed the clear as well. I'm wondering if the addition of the clear was a response to the black selling out or actually planned.

Considering the black is sold out I'm sure I won't have any issues moving it, but I'll wait to hear on the quality of the pressings and keep the better one.