How do I learn more about records so I can help my dad start a blog?

KJJ

My dad has always wanted to start a blog about his records and, I have come here to learn about records. Me and my sister want to help him start the blog. I am a videographer so guess I'm a videophile?, but honestly it requires both video and audio I guess :lol:.  I was wondering what are some of the best sources out there for beginners?

i figured you would get ripped to shreds here but i think it's cool you want to learn more about vinyl just to help your dad. unfortunately i do think he's on a nowhere road with this one, as everyone else has cryptically and cynically indicated. the internet is flooded with vinyl blogs now, none of which are remotely unique.

VC is definitely helpful with new releases. researching the vinyl boom/bubble should help you understand (1) how vinyl has trended the last five years or so and (2) why everyone here is so cynical about it.

if your dad's looking to make money on his blog somehow, then don't bother. but if he's doing it just to make himself happy, then right on. just try to do something unique with it, yeah?

I am deeply confused.

Why do you need to know about records to help your dad make a blog about records?

Assuming he knows enough to have a blog about records, he should probably have the record-knowing part under control....right?   Maybe he's just some sort of blog-savant who completely lacks any knowledge of bloggable topics?

Of course, if you simply want to get some more information in order to share time and the hobby that your father loves, I guess you could always TALK TO YOUR FATHER.

I guess my biggest question is what does it mean to "learn about records"? That's like saying, "I want to learn about the ocean." What are you looking to learn? When you figure that out, do a Google search.

The fact is that the world does not need ANOTHER blog of any kind. Why not just hang out with your pops and film him talking about his records? Basically, what Tardcore said, just talk to him. Save the video for your family. It doesn't have to be on the internet. Kids these days think every goddamn thing needs to be posted on the internet. Also, get offa my lawn!