PO: Third Eye Blind - Dopamine - 11/27

gmoney

I got a shipping label created notification about a week ago and it hasn't been updated since. Anyone else who ordered it through the web store experiencing the same thing?

Mine moved, but it's been sitting in CA for a few days. I have a few other things incoming that haven't been moving all week either. Maybe usps' tracking is being shitty this week.

Got it today from Amazon, white also with the 7". I was bummed it was on white vinyl and sure enough, my copy (snap, crackles, and) pops a few times on side A. It's only noticeable during quiet parts of songs so it's not horrible but still. Anyone else have this?

I've got an order in but it has yet to ship...

Got it today from Amazon, white also with the 7". I was bummed it was on white vinyl and sure enough, my copy (snap, crackles, and) pops a few times on side A. It's only noticeable during quiet parts of songs so it's not horrible but still. Anyone else have this?

my white vinyl sounds good. I haven't had an experience where white GZ vinyl sounds worse than any other GZ vinyl. Maybe you need to clean it.

Listening to the copy I got from Amazon. After mixing and mastering my own record recently, I've become even more sensitive and aware of compression and limiting in recorded music and damn, this album sure has a lot of compression. Compared to past albums and especially the recent vinyl reissues of them, this one unfortunately suffers from modern production precedents. It also definitely feels like a 'Stephan Jenkins and whoever else is in his band at the moment' album than a proper 3eb record. It's good, but not great.

Listening to the copy I got from Amazon. After mixing and mastering my own record recently, I've become even more sensitive and aware of compression and limiting in recorded music and damn, this album sure has a lot of compression. Compared to past albums and especially the recent vinyl reissues of them, this one unfortunately suffers from modern production precedents. It also definitely feels like a 'Stephan Jenkins and whoever else is in his band at the moment' album than a proper 3eb record. It's good, but not great.

I feel the same. Still not a big fan of this one. Just buying to keep their discography complete I guess. I think his songwriting has gotten progressively lazier and it seems like him and Brad are just having fun with it now, rather than trying to write something deep and meaningful and poetic. Ursa Major took a while for me to like and while I do enjoy most of it now, I don't know if Dopamine will grow on me. What confuses me is that everyone else seems to adore it.

I feel the same. Still not a big fan of this one. Just buying to keep their discography complete I guess. I think his songwriting has gotten progressively lazier and it seems like him and Brad are just having fun with it now, rather than trying to write something deep and meaningful and poetic. Ursa Major took a while for me to like and while I do enjoy most of it now, I don't know if Dopamine will grow on me. What confuses me is that everyone else seems to adore it.

Yeah it definitely doesn't have quite the emotional component I've enjoyed in their music. I too am a little confused by the adoration. Comparatively, the songs are much more formulaic. Maybe that's what they were going for to reach a newer audience. Doesn't quite work for me though.

IMO this is a way more substantial release than Ursa. To me that felt like a legacy band that squeezed out one last album. I heard two or three big rock radio songs and 7-8 slow one-note "emotional" songs. This one sounds like a band that is having fun and can keep releasing decent alt-pop records for a while. Different strokes though.