PO: Kishi Bashi - String Quartet Live!

rcafilm

From Joyful Noise:

JNR166_Kishi-Bashi_String-Quartet-Live_8

Performed and recorded live by Kishi Bashi and his accompanying string ensemble, the new album (appropriately titled "String Quartet Live!") consists of nine songs from albums “151a” and “Lighght” (as well as a Talking Heads cover!). Where his first two releases featured an array of percussion and electronic elements, the new live album finds K’s familiar songs reimagined, allowing his soaring vocals to take center stage above a foundation of interweaving strings.

The string ensemble gives new life to these tracks, with updated arrangements and the infectious energy that can only come from Kishi Bashi's amazing live performances.

"String Quartet Live!" is released November 13, 2015 on Vinyl, CD, and Digital - and is now available for Pre-Order!

In addition to Blue and Black vinyl, we have a limited VIP Edition pressed on Cyan & Red split-color vinyl w/ Yellow splatter. This version includes a bonus flexi-disc containing a live cover of Beirut's "A Sunday Smile", and is limited to a one-time pressing of 500 hand-numbered copies. Plus, each copy is SIGNED by Kishi Bashi himself.

Pre-order now.

Will definitely be picking up a black copy of this!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great package. Appears to be actual pencil marks on the sheet music. (I erased a little)

That's pretty cool, wonder if they're all like that with the VIP... I received "In Fantasia" and just assumed it was a copy. I'll have to check it when I get home. I also agree, great package.