PO Now: My Chemical Romance - I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love

Have you ever heard this record before? Dead serious question. The recording quality was total shit, so it's gonna sound rougher than most albums regardless how much care was put into pressing it. My black copy doesn't have any distortions, pops, clicks, or anything like that. But it sounds like total shit because it's the first MCR album haha.

Even though Three Cheers is MORE polished, I still find that it sounds pretty bad even on CD too.

I agree man. Bullets is the album it is because of the recording and mastering techniques they used. Yeah, they're kinda technically crappy and extremely unrefined but that entire album has a very centralized feel that i've always loved. like when i say the "bullets sound", you know what I mean. 

Well, not quite. Rough and raw gives the impression that it was done on purpose to achieve some kind of punk or garage rock kind of sound. This wasn't; it was just really poorly done. It doesn't sound raw, it sounds bad.

Disagree as well. Bullets is my favorite sounding MCR album. I enjoy the rawness of the sound. I do agree on Three Cheers though. I love the album and the music, but feel it was recorded and mixed poorly.

Just imagine if the vocals were recorded "correctly" i mean gerard's voice on that album is so unlike the rest of their discography

My impression is he did it on purpose and the major label wanted his sound to fit a special box that was radio friendly so they studio tweaked it and that's why there's nothing quite like this album. The labels don't like this sound.

• 2 weeks later...

PM me if you have a copy of the red/black record for sale. My order was damaged when I received it, so I sent it back to Warner Bros. to replace it and then they said they couldn't replace it and refunded me. Even though I emailed them before sending it out and asked if it was okay to send it back for a return.

PM me if you have a copy of the red/black record for sale. My order was damaged when I received it, so I sent it back to Warner Bros. to replace it and then they said they couldn't replace it and refunded me. Even though I emailed them before sending it out and asked if it was okay to send it back for a return.

You should've asked for a replacement as opposed to just a return.

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...