Netflix / Amazon Prime original series

22 hours ago, cantdance said:

The Killing started out good and then season 2 was like a wet fart...then season 3 was one of the most remarkable, human seasons of television I've encountered. A completely different show that wasn't afraid to look at difficult subject matter or embrace the depressing realities of character's lives. Season 4 was a rock solid finish to the show too.

Although I don't quite hate season 2 as much as you, I do agree on the part about season 3 being amazing, I loved it.

On 6/7/2016 at 1:25 PM, scottheisel said:

Is there a new season of Bloodline out? I loved the first season.

came out on May 27th!!

2 hours ago, donlombardo said:

Although I don't quite hate season 2 as much as you, I do agree on the part about season 3 being amazing, I loved it.

I might rewatch this show, season 1 was seriously incredible, and I thought the way the series ended with season 4 was perfect.  There was literally nothing I disliked about this show, it ranks as top 5 all time for me.

The Killing got a little too interested in TWISTS! and BUCKING EXPECTATIONS OF CLOSURE! and they lost sight of what made the show great (the bleak mood/tone, the slow unraveling of a macabre crime, and the acting).  Season 3 corrected some of that.  Season 4 felt like a completely different format but it was very good.

8 hours ago, Han Solo said:

Fair enough! Right, I forgot about that. I wonder why Netflix wrote it up as an original if it wasn't.

The email I got announcing that it was now available on Netflix made no effort to convince me it was a Netflix original series. The image they use even clearly has the MTV logo on it.

Maybe you just misread homeboy.

That being said, the show is pretty dumb but it's a fairly fun watch. The second season is currently airing on MTV (2 episodes in) if you want to keep up with it.

On 6/4/2016 at 10:02 PM, Twistedshabazz said:

The killing is a wondeful show. 

I have had people tell me to watch the fall, happy valley and southcliffe based on my like of that series. Maybe some day ill get around to it. 

Can only speak to The Fall, and while it is very well acted and beautifully filmed, I personally feel that it is a little too slow to hold attention well. Season 1 has a bit more fire behind it, but season 2 is oddly not at all compelling to watch.