Netflix / Amazon Prime original series

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Shining any sort of light on for profit prisons is great

How that ended was not what I expected, such a change from the previous season finales I think

Yep. They were starting to address current issues before, but this season took that to a new level. I loved how this season started at the very moment the last one ended, and I'm really hoping the next one does the same. Can't say I'm surprised the final scene went down the way it did. 

56 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Yep. They were starting to address current issues before, but this season took that to a new level. I loved how this season started at the very moment the last one ended, and I'm really hoping the next one does the same. Can't say I'm surprised the final scene went down the way it did. 

they almost have to, I mean, next season is going to start off with two unfinished storylines, the riot at the end and the john doe being found, so it would almost write itself to start off with the riot and slowly build into the investigation into john doe.  at least thats how I see it playing out

I would be happy if I never saw another show again set in the entertainment industry with characters who have set/crew jobs on movie and TV shows.  I live in Los Angeles and am in the same comedy community as the people on 'Love' so I may just be oversaturated with that stuff.  I'd rather watch comedians and actors play characters who aren't screenwriters, PAs, comedians playing themselves, actors, etc.

20 hours ago, rooks said:

Hadn't watched until this weekend, but, Marco Polo is fucking excellent.

Under-rated as hell. Finished it in one sitting. Looking forward to season 3.

Don't know whether US just got Spotless which is billed as Netflix/Canal entertainment title. All about a forensic cleaner who gets drawn into a life of crime by his estranged brother covering up murders for a crime syndicate. Really solid watch I'd definitely recommend it.

Also a Netflix original that should be getting more attention and plaudits is Lady Dynamite in my opinion. Maria Bamford and Mitch Hurwitz(Arrested Development)  providing seriously twisted 4th wall breaking alternative comedy. Netflix have really dropped the ball promoting it but it's absolutely hilarious.  

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

I'm two episodes in on Stranger Things, and I'm hooked. Watching it with my lady, so I have to work it in to both of our schedules, otherwise I'd have finished it in one sitting. 

I've got 2 episodes left, gonna finish them out after the m's and Astros game

3 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Anyone else been binging on Shameless US? I know it's not an original but I'm pretty sure it just got added to Netflix recently, because I saw it on there a few days ago and just dove in. So fucking funny. 

My fiancée knocked the whole thing out in what seemed like a week.  Kinda mad she got into it without telling me cause I would've liked to watch it with her.

Oh well.  I'll watch it soon enough.

22 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

My fiancée knocked the whole thing out in what seemed like a week.  Kinda mad she got into it without telling me cause I would've liked to watch it with her.

Oh well.  I'll watch it soon enough.

Man oh man, it's great. My girl is ahead of me a little because she's unemployed at the moment, but she keeps track of what episode I'm on so we can watch it together when I'm home haha.

Edited by throughbeingcruel