Netflix / Amazon Prime original series

45 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Niiiice.  I wish mine would've done that haha.

This was something we agreed on when I went back to work after the weekend haha. 

I'm gonna try to squeeze in some more Stranger Things tonight but I've gotta get ready for Warped Tour tomorrow. 

Stranger Things was way too good, holy shit.

You guys think they'll do another season?  Or do you think it's better off left as a single, stand-alone season?

Of course I'd like to see another season, but then again I'm torn.  I feel like they ended this one perfectly.  If they do another one though, I kind of hope it's a completely different story with maybe different actors/characters.  Kind of like American Horror Story.  I loved the characters in this season though... Ugh, like I said, I'm torn haha.

19 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

You guys think they'll do another season?  Or do you think it's better off left as a single, stand-alone season?

Of course I'd like to see another season, but then again I'm torn.  I feel like they ended this one perfectly.  If they do another one though, I kind of hope it's a completely different story with maybe different actors/characters.  Kind of like American Horror Story.  I loved the characters in this season though... Ugh, like I said, I'm torn haha.

I think there could be for a couple of reasons. 

- The lab is still open and appears to be fully functional. We don't know what was said to Hopper in the car. 

- The gate Nancy went through to the parallel dimension didn't close, so who knows what else could come through 

- Hopper left Eggos in the woods for Eleven, we still don't know what happened to her 

- Two people went missing while they were hunting and were never found 

- Will came home and seems fine now that his exposure to the toxicity of the other world has worn off, later though is shown throwing up slugs Ron Weasley style

- The monster didn't eat / kill Will like it did to Barbera and the deer. I think it needed him for something and that's why it hooked him up to that machine. Maybe it didn't actually "lose" if it succeed in doing whatever it was to Will. 

[spoiler/]

Edited by Han Solo

6 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

Did you finish it?

Actually yes, we watched the last 5 episodes last night, and was still hoping for more. The last 2 episodes were the best of the whole thing. Still think it was way too hyped. Also, if it didn't have a nostalgia feel to it with that awesome score, it wouldn't have been decent.

Edited by KingTacoMunster

On 7/21/2016 at 8:32 AM, FiggyPuddling said:

I was thinking they should do self contained seasons too. But I read an interview with the Duffer Bros and they're definitely going to continue with this story and these characters if they get another season 

Also, "The Duffer Brothers" sounds like a 90s electronica act. Like, they would have opened for Prodigy or something.

2 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Me either. I don't think they knew where they were going to air when they had their Kickstarter, so awesome they will be on netflix

I think they may have revealed it at SDCC yesterday.

I'm a little bummed Crow and Servo are going to be voiced by new people. I know each character has already had 2 different voices, but still :(

Stranger Things was outstanding.

Although, I couldn't help feel a little bit like I was being manipulated the whole time. It's like somebody sat down and scientifically determined what made all of the classic 80's teen movies great and poured it all into one show--Like Stephen King doing a re-write of the Goonies.

They combined:

The Goonies

Stand By Me

Pretty in Pink

E.T.

what else am I missing?

I love that they did a season instead of compressing the whole thing into an hour and a half (they easily could have).

Edited by Tardcore