Netflix / Amazon Prime original series

9 hours ago, VinylMario said:

Eh. Could be fine, could be garbage. If it's great that's awesome, if it's bad just pretend it doesn't exist.

42 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

This could end really badly. There's no stopping it now, but they better get this right...

Still the worst way it can end is a waste of someone else's money and people never having to watch it again. I never understand why people get so worked up about things like this.

8 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

Still the worst way it can end is a waste of someone else's money and people never having to watch it again. I never understand why people get so worked up about things like this.

Its the “i love the original so much you should not mess with it”  mentality. Which i do get. 

I am with you though, alot of time and money is put into it and if it sucks i just wont take my time. So much content out there to waste on stuff that flat out isint good orjust not your thing. 

57 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Its the “i love the original so much you should not mess with it”  mentality. Which i do get. 

I am with you though, alot of time and money is put into it and if it sucks i just wont take my time. So much content out there to waste on stuff that flat out isint good orjust not your thing. 

We seem to be on the same page.

Cowboy Bebop is a top three anime of all time for me, so of course I want to see it done justice. It doesn't tarnish it's reputation if someone else does a poor adaptation of it though. People get so butthurt over to lately!

I really, really hope it’s good.  Just like I’m sure everyone else does.  But these kinds of things RARELY live up to anyone’s expectations.

Also, this brings to mind Netflix’s take on “Death Note.”  Have yet to see it and don’t really plan to.  From what I hear, they royally fucked that up.  Just hope all who were involved learned their lesson from that when it comes to these “anime adaptations.”

40 minutes ago, FiggyPud said:

I really, really hope it’s good.  Just like I’m sure everyone else does.  But these kinds of things RARELY live up to anyone’s expectations.

Also, this brings to mind Netflix’s take on “Death Note.”  Have yet to see it and don’t really plan to.  From what I hear, they royally fucked that up.  Just hope all who were involved learned their lesson from that when it comes to these “anime adaptations.”

Oh yeah, I never watched Death Note (live action) and never plan to. Really the only way I would enjoy this Cowboy Bebop live action series is if it's pretty much a shot for shot remake of the anime which...probably won't happen. Who knows, it could end up being amazing though! I hope it does. We'll see though. I'm trying to stay cautiously optimistic since Watanabe is involved in some way

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, dawhizz said:

Umbrella Academy on Netflix (from Gerard Way’s comic) is the best series I’ve seen in awhile and has really great music throughout. If you’re looking for something, I highly recommend it. 

100%.

I love the comic series, and they did a great job of adapting it into something more grounded, but still ridiculous and fun at the same time. The cast is great.

Was Nightfylers any good? The recent cancellation doesn't portend high expectations. I forgot this dropped in a big chunk around Xmas. Tried to watch it recently, but  they want you to pay for the 1st half, while the 2nd half is still available on-demand. Not the best way to build a base. And they cancelled The Expanse  for this? Good thing Amazon picked that up. If you haven't watched it, I recommend it (it will grow on you). Or better yet read the 1st couple of books. 

• 3 months later...

The Society, Chambers, and Undercover are awesome newer Netflix series! I haven't watched Dead To Me yet but my wife said it's really good.

Catch-22 on Hulu is fucking brilliant! Definite must watch if you have the service.

Although S03 of Sneaky Pete was all over the damn place, it was a good watch. The final season of Catastrophe ends in a very eerie way but was good. Homecoming is a great psychological thriller, excited to see where they take it next. 

3 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

The Society, Chambers, and Undercover are awesome newer Netflix series! I haven't watched Dead To Me yet but my wife said it's really good.

Catch-22 on Hulu is fucking brilliant! Definite must watch if you have the service.

Although S03 of Sneaky Pete was all over the damn place, it was a good watch. The final season of Catastrophe ends in a very eerie way but was good. Homecoming is a great psychological thriller, excited to see where they take it next. 

I love catastrophe, but for some reason I have trouble making myself watch it.

15 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

These 3 new episodes of Black Mirror were BORING. That Miley Cyrus one was basically an Are You Afraid of the Dark? episode with f-bombs.

Oh damn I was excited to watch the VR one, looked interesting. 

How is Are You Afraid of the Dark? I saw one of the more recent ones Chino Moreno composed and that had me intrigued. 

2 minutes ago, dapeebs said:

Oh damn I was excited to watch the VR one, looked interesting. 

How is Are You Afraid of the Dark? I saw one of the more recent ones Chino Moreno composed and that had me intrigued. 

The VR one is OK, but it doesn't really go anywhere. They reveal the plot in the first 15 minutes and then there's no real build up or anything. None of them have any twists or feeling of dread that the series is known for.

I was referencing the old 90's AYAOTD?, I didn't know it was back but definetly wanna look into it now. 

2 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

The VR one is OK, but it doesn't really go anywhere. They reveal the plot in the first 15 minutes and then there's no real build up or anything. None of them have any twists or feeling of dread that the series is known for.

I was referencing the old 90's AYAOTD?, I didn't know it was back but definetly wanna look into it now. 

Oh ok, I still have to watch half of season 4 of Black Mirror, been putting it off for so long.

And my bad, just looked it up and I got the names mixed up. One I was thinking of was "Into the Dark" on Hulu.

• 2 months later...
On 9/4/2019 at 3:08 AM, Han Solo said:

I just finished season two of Dark tonight, man that was so fantastic. I didn’t think it could get more intricate than the first season. I have so many questions left over, can’t wait for season three!

I wanted to watch second season, so I watched some recap of first one found on youtube. Then I realized I don't remember a thing and need to watch it again. But.. as this is planned as trilogy, I decided to rather wait for the third and watch them all at once, than having to watch first season three times ;)