Netflix / Amazon Prime original series

18 minutes ago, Tardcore said:

Stranger Things was outstanding.

Although, I couldn't help feel a little bit like I was being manipulated the whole time. It's like somebody sat down and scientifically determined what made all of the classic 80's teen movies great and poured it all into one show--Like Stephen King doing a re-write of the Goonies.

They combined:

The Goonies

Stand By Me

Pretty in Pink

E.T.

what else am I missing?

I love that they did a season instead of compressing the whole thing into an hour and a half (they easily could have).

Close Encounters of The Third Kind

The Mist

Stand By Me < For sure.

The Goonies < absolutely.

E.T. < oh yup.

Poltergeist

Anything John Hughes

Maybe even some Hardy Boys?

Add any 80s cop movie.

The imagery was great. So much so it was a little distracting from the story at times. Haha.

The story was a great mix of sci fi / kids exploring / comedy / mystery / horror. I'm all about it.

//

Latest season of Bojack is really, really, good. Glad we are getting another season.

27 minutes ago, Tardcore said:

Stranger Things was outstanding.

Although, I couldn't help feel a little bit like I was being manipulated the whole time. It's like somebody sat down and scientifically determined what made all of the classic 80's teen movies great and poured it all into one show--Like Stephen King doing a re-write of the Goonies.

They combined:

The Goonies

Stand By Me

Pretty in Pink

E.T.

what else am I missing?

I love that they did a season instead of compressing the whole thing into an hour and a half (they easily could have).

Poltergiest, Firestarter and maybe a little Aliens

1 hour ago, Dave Grohl said:

I started watching Lovesick, and it's great. Antonia Thomas is a babe.

Wait... did they change the name of the show?  I just IMDB'd it to see what you were talking about and the picture for it was for "Scrotal Recall."  My fiancée loved that show.  I still need to check it out though.

1 hour ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Wait... did they change the name of the show?  I just IMDB'd it to see what you were talking about and the picture for it was for "Scrotal Recall."  My fiancée loved that show.  I still need to check it out though.

They did change the name. Searched for "Scrotal Recall" on Netflix and "Lovesick" popped up and it is indeed the show I once watched under the previous name. That was a really stupid name and probably wasn't doing it any favors.

13 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Apparently they did some marketing research with it, and ended up changing the name recently, which I thought was odd since it's been out for a while. It's only six episodes though, which sucks cause the characters are great, it's well written. I was just getting into it and boom, it's over.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Reshiram454 said:

Has anyone watched the Get Down yet? So far it's really good and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes hip-hop.

Just started watching last night. It's excellent. I've read a couple of books that talk about this era in music and New York and so I'm pumped to see it play out in the show. 

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Anyone else watch "The OA" yet?

I just finished it and I loved it.  It's gotten quite a few mixed reviews, but if you're a fan of, or have seen any of Brit Marling's previous stuff, then you have a good idea of what to expect.

im going to watch it soon, i've only heard good things