Netflix / Amazon Prime original series

So did anyone else watch Disenchantment? Or was it just me? Seems the show has a few mixed reviews going around. And I'm kinda on their side. But I'm thinking this first season is meant to be slow moving cuz of it's format. Matt Groening usually does TV and this is his first Netflix outing. I'm optimistic tho. I actually like it and am looking forward to many more seasons. Favorite character so far is Luci the demon.

IGN did a review and got it spot on regarding the characters' blended remix of the Futurama trio: Fry, Bender and Leela. Which is fine cuz I really love Futurama.

12 hours ago, VinylMario said:

So did anyone else watch Disenchantment? Or was it just me? Seems the show has a few mixed reviews going around. And I'm kinda on their side. But I'm thinking this first season is meant to be slow moving cuz of it's format. Matt Groening usually does TV and this is his first Netflix outing. I'm optimistic tho. I actually like it and am looking forward to many more seasons. Favorite character so far is Luci the demon.

IGN did a review and got it spot on regarding the characters' blended remix of the Futurama trio: Fry, Bender and Leela. Which is fine cuz I really love Futurama.

I watched it and my takeaway was that it was mostly one-liners, which I didn't love. It didn't seem as smart as Futurama or older Simpsons episodes we're, and while I still watched the whole season I kept expecting more. The last three episodes really picked up speed, and I enjoyed the adventure aspect of those episodes though.

Having pretty much the same voices for some characters as their voice actors did in Futurama kept taking me out of it too. I thought the main trio was voiced super well though, and Noel Fielding and Matt Berry were awesome!

25 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

The last three episodes really picked up speed, and I enjoyed the adventure aspect of those episodes though.

Agreed, that's why I believe the show is gonna get much better. I'm thinking Groening tried a different approach with this show as far as comic delivery. He kinda held back a bit or maybe his way of ramping up for a very long series run.

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2018 at 9:17 AM, FiggyPud said:

Yep.  Just finished it last night.  Loved every second of it.

9 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Yeah, this was a total binge last weekend. It was perfection. 

Right? The lighting was one of my favorite parts, and the range Emma Stone and Jonah Hill had was crazy.  I wonder if they'll do a second season or just leave it alone. I would probably prefer the latter

2 hours ago, Han Solo said:

Right? The lighting was one of my favorite parts, and the range Emma Stone and Jonah Hill had was crazy.  I wonder if they'll do a second season or just leave it alone. I would probably prefer the latter

I think I'd much rather it be left as is. It's too perfect. Though some smart executive will probably pitch it anyway. But there weren't really any true threads left.

As for new shit....Big Mouth s2 this week, and Daredevil S3 in 2 weeks!!

3 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

I think I'd much rather it be left as is. It's too perfect. Though some smart executive will probably pitch it anyway. But there weren't really any true threads left.

Where did you see daredevil season 3 is in two weeks!?!?!?!

4 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Yesss.  So damn excited for both of these.  Also really excited for “The Haunting Of Hill House.”

1 hour ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Where did you see daredevil season 3 is in two weeks!?!?!?!

Comes out October 19th!

7 minutes ago, dnl said:

I really love how fast they're pushing out new Netflix Marvel series. Maybe we can get another Defenders soon.

Was anyone able to finish Iron First 2? I'm trying so hard but at this point I think I should give up. Every character on the show is so boring. 

I actually enjoyed it. The ending was great!

1 hour ago, dnl said:

I really love how fast they're pushing out new Netflix Marvel series. Maybe we can get another Defenders soon.

Was anyone able to finish Iron First 2? I'm trying so hard but at this point I think I should give up. Every character on the show is so boring. 

Bad news about Defenders: https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/09/17/marvel-defenders-canceled-netflix-season-2/

But I actually couldn’t believe how much I ended up liking the 2nd season of Iron Fist.  Still not the best of all of them, but I’d rank it higher than Iron Fist season 1, Defenders, and Luke Cage season 2.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, FiggyPud said:

Well Daredevil is officially cancelled now.

Seems to be pretty much garaunteed that the new season of Jessica Jones and Daredevil will be the last Marvel original things in Netflix...

How much of this do you think has to do with Disney wanting to have full control of them/make new seasons when they start their streaming service though?

8 hours ago, Ishtar said:

How much of this do you think has to do with Disney wanting to have full control of them/make new seasons when they start their streaming service though?

Oh 100%.  From what I’ve read, the future is pretty unclear for Iron Fist and Luke Cage.  But apparently they do plan on doing more with Daredevil.  Whether that will involve the same actors or not hasn’t been said.